"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Results



Although I was able to take a lovely long vacation in February, I was still able to meet all my goals.  However, I was just photographing them, and found a disaster.  How could I immediately see this in the camera screen, but not see it in the quilt?  The quilt that is pieced, quilted, and bound?  I give you this month's OPAM:



Should I take it apart at redo it?  Would you? 

I had a little better luck with Christmas Through the Year:




This will also count as my NewFO for February.
I was able to do some of the stitching while on vacation, and I experimented with quilting using a stencil. 

One Flower Wednesday was a success, with two new flowers joining my garden, and a few more connector petals.  I need to get back to joining the flowers, and hope to start working on that again this coming week.  Karen kindly keeps us on track, and keeps a list of links if you'd like to see other weekly blooms.


I wasn't sure if I would be able to get an ornament finished for 2012 Ornament a Month , but I chose a simple one, and got it all stitched up!  I haven't decided how to finish my ornaments yet, so I'm calling this a finish for now.

And now I must head down to the sewing room to do some 'un'quilting, because I still have to finish my project for Sew It's Finished.  Thank goodness I have Leap Day to get some extra sewing done.  Be back later!!

Contentedly counting my progress....Sunny

16 comments:

  1. Took me awhile to figure out what the problem was, I think its cute, I wouldn't undo it at all. Your cross stitch piece is precious. Good for you a lot done for such a short month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sewing...I would have to undo it as it would annoy me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - lol - it took me a few minutes to figure out what you were talking about, then I realized. I probably wouldn't take it apart, but I'm lazy and it wouldn't bother me. I guess it's just how much it would bother you to leave it! I think it's darling as is.

    Your tablerunner is so sweet, great quilting too! Love your flowers and stitchery as well...I'll be looking forward to see how you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you make is stunning. Very smart to work ahead and put away for Christmas. I try to do the same thing. Happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a similar mistake with my snowman quilt. Didn't discover it until I had it quilted and bound. It's entirely up to you if you decide to take your quilt apart and do over. As for me, I left it alone and...charged ahead! On to the next quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a very productive February. If the houses were to be a wall hanging, I would leave them because they look really interesting. Otherwise, I suppose you can change it. They look good.
    Lovely work in the runner and the cross stitch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas table runner is lovely, the stitching looks great as does the quilting. For the quilt-I had the same idea as Karen, I was looking at it as a wallhanging and could not see where the disaster was, so if that is how you will use it, I would absolutely leave it as is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very productive week! You reminded me of the hexagons flower. I haven't gotten back to that project, bit will some time this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked and looked and looked and could not see what was wrong, so I read the comments for a hint, now I see! Do what will make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you want a quilt like everyone else or a unique one that's all your own. I'd leave it - it's beautiful. Love your table runner and all your other projects. You've gotten so much done this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea what's wrong with it...is it the houses on the bottom? I say leave it since it's not apparent. You've gotten a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your NewFO. I would leave the quilt as is. I thought it was supposed to be that way. If you hadn't said something I wouldn't have known.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love the top one with the houses - would be fab to use up lil bits of scraps too
    You have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all you finishes 'sunny.
    Took me ages to figure out the mistake and I would leave it .
    Great "Holly" quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunny, it took me FOREVER to find your boo-boo. Leave it alone! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy, you got a lot done in February, especially since you were taking a break!
    I do love your houses... I agree with Karen, if it is a wall hanging, I definitely would NOT change... if not a wallhanging, I'd say it's a toss. Like your hexi's looking forward to your next post! b

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.