"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another month comes to a close.

Really, July is over? Where did it go? I just put in the final stitches for one of my finishes. This is for the Name Game Swap Round Two. My partner was very specific about what she wanted, so I can't show much before she receives it, or she would know immediately. You say you want proof that it's finished? Okay, here's a little peek.  It's new home is not far away, so perhaps I'll be able to show the entire thing by the end of the week.

I also finished a mug rug for a swap, and guess what- I can't show it to you either!  But to prove that I really did make it:

These will both count for OPAM for July.

I didn't finish a Christmas gift for CTTY, but I have finished a cross stitch, and it will be made into a small cushion for a very special recipient.  So I'll have an easy finish for August.

Here's the August BSA block I made:
And I'm not sure if I posted the July block that I made. 
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'm really distracted by watching the Olympics.  We have a time delay, so I'm watching events that occurred earlier today, but I didn't know the results, so it's exciting to watch.

I've been a little under the weather for a few days, so we didn't go kayaking this past weekend.  But I did partake of my second favorite summer activity - buying fresh produce.
Mmmm...just look at all that yummy goodness.  DH is making eggplant parm tomorrow, while I'm slaving away at work.  Luckily for me, not only is he a much better cook than me, but he really enjoys it, too.

I'll leave you with one last picture.  Our bird feeder usually only attracts house finches and sparrows, but we had something a little more colorful today.  Keep in mind that the picture is taken through a window.
See you back here is July!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  ........   Sunny

12 comments:

  1. lovely sneak peeks Sunny and boy that is an unusual bird.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sneak peaks Sunny and what a lovely bird to come and visit....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts Sunny. Enjoy your eggplant parm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That golden finch is a treat! I've never had one at our feeder. I saw my first live bluebird at Annmarie garden last week. It swooped by me twice! I wish we had it in our yard, but luckily we have tons of cardinals which are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you a husband that likes to cook! Lovely pictures and great projects, hope you feel better soon, wouldn't want to miss any work.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sneak peeks...love the black piece. Fresh veggies; yum! I put up tomatoes and corn this morning. I smile when I think about the yummy chili and veggie soup those 'maters are going to make when it gets cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you do a post where you don't show anything! That is so funny. Eggplant Parm is my favorite dish. So let's see if I catch a flight now I'll be there in time for dinner. Yep, this will work. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm Nice sneak peeks...
    You have been busy in the sewing room working on your swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice sneak peaks and sure hope you are feeling better soon. I love the little gold finches , they are so pretty . Thanks also for the reminder for OPAM , completely forgot. hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see all the projects you are working on. The Olympics have been great to watch and perfect if you are not feeling wonderful. Hope you are better soon. I do love the fresh produce of Summer and it's great to see the visitors to your bird feeder. So colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sneak peeks are great!
    Makes me want to come back when you post the entire project.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.