"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Monday, March 31, 2014

March OPAM

I just realized that it’s the end of the month, so I need to do a quick post for OPAM.  I actually have 3 finishes this month, although they aren’t large.  I feel good about the progress that I’m making on my list though.

imagesCAZARA8U

I finished this topper earlier in the month when I got my quilting machine back.  It’s all straight-line quilted using rulers.  I need a LOT of practice with rulers!!

This next piece was just finished over the weekend, and it was quilted from a stencil.  I need a LOT of practice using stencils and following lines!   But this was a disaster from the beginning, so I figured it would just be a practice piece.  This should only be viewed from a galloping horse, preferably at night.

And then the little wall hanging that I did at my retreat.  The spools on the left are pieced, and the crow, spool and pincushion on the right are wool applique.  I love working with wool.

I have many other projects in the works, and I’m constantly stitching.  I’ve also been prepping some handwork for the car next week, because we’re going on an adventure!  My oldest nephew is getting married in Florida, so we’re heading south, hopefully getting away from this:

IMG_2450

Yes, that is snow, not cherry blossoms.  It was taken yesterday.  That’s it.  I’m done.  No More Snow!!!  So anyway, we’re heading to Florida, by way of Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana.  Not the most direct route, but I need to visit the four other states to bring my total of states visited to 47!  We’ll also be stopping to visit family members in Tennessee and North Carolina, so it will be a very busy trip. 

Happy Stitching!    Sunny

13 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes for March Month,Peggy! Glad the snow has disappeared at your end too. Enjoy the travel through some more states, happy sewing when yo,u return! THANKS lot for comments on my blog some time ago :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finishes. Enjoy the rest of your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sunny such lovely finishes you have for March,well done and safe travels.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your projects.
    Looks like escaping to Florida is a good move. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finishes for March Sunny , your view looks like mine , snow !! Have fun in Florida via the scenic route , sounds like a lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finishes Sunny and I think you are too hard on yourself..
    Enjoy your travels I look forward to come along..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve a break from the snow this year! Is the ruler work really hard? It looks like it would be. I love your wool piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the road again!!!!
    love your finishes--great job!!!
    Have a safe trip--
    love, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finishes, I have been reading up a bit on ruler work but hesitant to buy the rulers and be unsuccessful.... yours looks good.... enjoy your trip to the warmer climate...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I need work with rulers too! Love your finishes and you can come to Utah any time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for the finishes and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super finishes. HOpe you enjoyed your trip down south.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.