"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, July 19, 2014

FNSI results and Sunflowers

IMG_7979

FNSI – One quilter’s trash is another quilter’s treasure.  I have decided to make a few doll quilts for the Get your Mrs. Claus on Project.  As I was digging through the leaning tower of scraps Friday evening, I found some pretty pieces that were headed for the trash can at a retreat I attended.  So from trash, I was able to make a doll quilt and 6 mug rugs for my Hospice project.

IMG_7996

I cut out another quilt from scraps leftover from a baby quilt last month.  I really am trying very hard to use up some scraps. 

Today’s adventure involved fields of blooming sunflowers.  On the way, I had to stop and get a picture of this sign.

IMG_3182

“Adopt a Highway” signs are very common around here, but I’ve never seen a “rustic road”.

The road to get to the sunflowers probably wouldn’t even be considered a road.  I had to get out of the car a couple of times to guide dh over the ruts and try to limit any damage to the car.  Needless to say, we took a different road home.  Our destination was McKee-Besher WMA.  they have 5 fields that are planted in sunflowers, and two of them are currently in bloom.

IMG_7925

IMG_7933

IMG_7934

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7950

 

IMG_7953

After photographing the lovely sunflowers, there was time to visit a nearby quilt shop to pick up another Row by Row pattern.  And maybe some fabric for a Christmas gift.  Christmas will be here sooner than you think!

And now I must get back to work on those doll quilts!  Hope you’re all having a nice weekend.

~~~Sunny~~~

IMG_7986

IMG_7909

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunflowers!!!! Don't they just make you smile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers... the one made into a face was too cute. Cute doll quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to plant sunflowers this year.
    Your blog is very inspiring and the snowmen in your last post are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sunflowers as will Di...
    You have lots of lovely places to visit near you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great little doll quilt! Such beautiful photos of the sunflowers! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those big and beautiful sunflowers. They are amazing. Great work on the quilty bits, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever you,Peggy, using your scraps, love the pink! Love the beautiful SUNFLOWERS as well :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute project! Sunflowers always make you feel happy. Thanks for sharing them xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to use scraps to make doll quilts . SO cute in the pink

    I LOVE sunflowers ! Thanks for all of the pictures :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What delightful 'sunny' sunflowers!!! I love sunflowers and black eyed susans alot!!!
    miss my black eyed susans--the gal who took over my garden here--pulled them all up and threw them away--crazy lady!!!!
    Cute little blanket you made also!
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute blanket, what a great way to use up scraps !

    ReplyDelete
  12. doll quilt is so cute and the sunflowers sure do brighten your day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sunflowers are absolutely beautiful. I love them. Your doll quilts are darling. It is fun to work on small projects sometimes. Instant gratification. Love using those scrapes. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cutie - patooties. I bet they were fun to make and will be so well received. Aren't you glad you saved the scraps from the trash? I would love to have your adventures with nature. Thanks so much for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well... now I need to get my Mrs Claus on. Thanks for the giggle Great work using up those scraps maybe your leaning tower will be safe from toppling for a while longer. :o) Gorgeous sunflower photographs.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sunflowers and have a few out in the garden. The birds have been pulling out the seeds but they are not as artistic as the birds in your area.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sunny such a lovely post as always,love your sunflower pics,enjoy your day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Treasure from trash indeed, wow! How lovely. And what gorgeous flowers - I love sunflowers, they're so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.