"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

It’s all your fault!

First off, thank you to my friends who have inquired as to my safety and well-being.  All is well at chez Quilting Dreams.  I just haven’t found the time to blog.  Thanks to all of you who post about BOM’s and QAL’s and SAL’s.  It’s possible that I may have overextended myself just a bit for 2015.  I’m stitching like crazy to keep up, and that’s why I have no time to blog!

RSC2015:  the color for March was yellow.  I started the month with a yellow doll quilt,

my Dresden plate,

IMG_3675

and a placemat.

I don’t have a lot of yellow scraps.  I did notice however, a yellow fat quarter bundle that was looking quite lonely and unappreciated, so I pulled it out and made a small quilt. 

IMG_3673

And a smaller quilt.  And a pincushion.

IMG_3676

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The pincushion was inspired by THIS PATTERN from Pam Buda.  I didn’t have the pattern with me at retreat, so it’s not exact.

Gail Pan SAL:  Please refer back to ‘smaller quilt’ in the section above.  Click HERE for the free pattern, which was offered during Buttermilk Basin’s Spring Blog Hop.

Val Laird Keys of Contentment BOM:  I got a bit of a late start on this, but I’m caught up now.  Click on the button on my sidebar for more information and the free patterns.

IMG_3680

Jenny of Elefantz BOM:  Yep, I’m caught up through March.  These are cute little stitcheries and whip up in no time.  The April design was just released today.

IMG_3681

Gifted Gorgeousness:  I’m so excited to be caught up on this!  Santa’s Village was a 2013 BOM that I actually received as a Christmas gift.  I’ve never cross stitched anything this large, so I had to special order the fabric, and then couldn’t decide how to begin.  I usually begin stitching in the center of a pattern, so was at a total loss with this.  But once I had all the patterns, I had no more excuses.  I’m actually a little ahead of my goal with this one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bunny Hill Snow Happy Hearts:  Have you seen these adorable little snow people around blogland?  I stitched January and February, but then something had to give.  While I think these are so cute, I just can’t think of a use for them right now.  You know I’m printing the patterns each month, and may come back to them later.

IMG_3661

I have more to share, but I think this is enough for one post.  Now that I’m sure I remember how to do it, I’ll be back soon.  I also plan to start a new Travelling Stash box in the very near future.

Happy Stitching!!       Sunny

 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny it's great to have you back,love all your work you sure have been busy and boy I love that flower pic in your header xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....no wonder you haven't had time to blog! Your yellows all look wonderful - such a happy color!

    Your cross stitch looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. It's quite obvious why you haven't been blogging. Your work, as always, is spectacular ... and inspirational. I'm loving the Val Laird pieces ... but I do not need yet another project at this time. We'll see how long I hold out. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did so much sewing and I love the Christmas cross-stitch pieces! I love your bloggy background a whole lot! All your pieces are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been keeping busy... what a lovely group of different projects... glad you are okay... it's amazing how we do 'miss' our bloggy friends...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sunny, no wonder you've not had time to blog!
    I'm loving the progress on all your BOMs, SALs, RSCs & all that...
    the Gail stitchery is so cute...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for you, too! Wow! you have been busy! I love the little sunbonnet sue quilt; she has always been a fav. of mine. I'm going to check out Val Laird's designs, those round embroideries are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Heavens......you have accomplished oodles! And it is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all those projects and yes, you have been a very busy gal!!
    My favorite photo is the last one--
    fur balls that love each other--how great is that--
    keep stitching--
    smiles, diandmissgracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you haven't been blogging , you have been sewing up a storm , wonderful projects Sunny , well done on all your accomplishments !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sunny, wow, you have been soooo busy!!!! And I thought I had taken too much on..... lol!! They all look lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you sure have been busy with all your stitching! Great work with all the yellow fabrics and the stitcheries. Good to see all you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful works, wow! Love all of those and the spring quilt is very delicate!
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you got a lot done. Your yellows are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your blog, love your work, following u on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful yellows. It is so easy to get overextended, but look at all the great projects you have going on. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy! The GG link up post is always open until the last day of the month. Or you can be early for the next month!
    I think you should make bunting for your cute snowmen series and attach a little named motif under each one for anyone who has a birthday that month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Sunny, I am visiting from the last Gail Pan SAL link.... I have just realised that I didn't go and visit all the links! Sorry!! I love all your wonderful projects.... It is difficult to keep up and there are so many beautiful projects and SALs to join in with! Have a lovely week.... happy stitching! :) x

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.