"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, July 19, 2015

FNSI and Christmas in July

Yes, I worked on a Christmas project on Friday night!  I saw this:

on Teri’s Blog back in November, and I knew I wanted to make it.  So I waited until Red was the color for RSC15, and here is my version.  I still need to sew on my buttons.  I’ll do that later tonight or tomorrow.

Although I’m posting a couple of days late, I actually finished by Gifted Gorgeousness early this month.

 

In other exciting news, I finished my quilt from the Christmas Bee 2011 as my Guild UFO challenge this month.  I had pieced it and even started quilting it some time ago, and quickly gave up.  Now that my Sweet 16, which I have named Patience, and I are becoming friends, it was time to finish the quilting.

IMG_3777

Each of the six other participants contributed two blocks.  I requested a star block for one, and their choice for the other, highlighting their specialty.  I received embroidery, applique, and paper piecing.  They each also included a small friendship block that was incorporated into the back.  I forgot to photograph the back, and it’s too dark now to attempt anything. 

And if that’s not enough exciting news, I became a Great Aunt!  The little one arrived six weeks early, at 4 pounds, 12 ounces.  She is healthy and strong, and went home from the NICU after only 8 days.  I can’t wait to meet and snuggle her.

Photo1photo2

Hope you all had a good weekend!  It’s too hot here to go outdoors for a few days, so there’s more stitching to come.

waiting for snuggles…..Sunny

IMG_3763

21 comments:

  1. Your great niece is adorable Sunny. I love babies. Well done on finishing your quilt, its beautiful. While you are trying to stay cool we are trying to keep warm. Its absolutely freezing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, a brand new baby! How wonderful! Kudos on your lovely little quilts too. I love the name Patience for your Sweet 16!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very festive at your place at the moment, lovely projects.
    what a gorgeous new baby for your family. Love that sleeping mask, so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous baby and some lovely Christmas projects. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being a Great Aunt, what a cutie! Beautiful quilts again Sunny... I love to see what you are making! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! So tiny but oh so cute! Love your RSC15 project. I'm working on a Christmas project today as well (gift).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sunny oh your projects are awesome,love Xmas ,your great niece is adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little one. I love the bili-mask!! Your finishes are beautiful - especially the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Sunny your Great Niece is just sew cute....

    There are some gorgeous christmas quilts there. Have fun with "patience"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Christmas quilt , great work on all your projects. Sounds like you need to come to NS , not that hot here right now rain and about 16 C. Congrats on the dear litte great niece , glad she is healthy and strong:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Christmas quilt so many great projects and congratulations on the new arrival !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't decide which is sweeter--your projects or that tiny bundle of joy--love them allllll!!!!
    Hot and muggy here too--but have been getting some pretty sunset photos of the lake--
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats great aunt... very special... love your mini and have fun quilting (I am a bit jealous about the Sweet 16!)
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sunny, Congrats on being a great aunt. Aunts are really such special people. You get to have all the fun of spoiling. I love your red quilt - such cute stitching around the blocks. Did you hand stitch it? And the green Christmas one is so pretty too. Very nice blocks throughout it. (And of course the gold stars really set them off.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Such a sweet little girl! I am so glad she is healthy. Great Christmas projects! As close to Christmas thinking I have got is that I might make my brother a quilt for his gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. And congratulations on the tiny baby, that eyeshield is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being a new Great Aunt! What an adorable little one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulations Auntie. she is a cutie! those finishes are lovely. makes me wanna go sew instead of going to work......

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Homespun Christmas quilt and your cross stitch. Congratulations on your great-niece. She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful Christmas projects! Love your quilt...each block is so beautiful! Congrats on becoming a great aunt to that adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.