"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Friday, July 1, 2016

OPAM and FNWF

I kept very busy in June, but it doesn't seem that I have much to show for it.  I did manage to finish one quilt for our guild's service project.  Gotta love a good supply of scraps.  I quilted it with free motion hearts.

I spent much of my time this month cross stitching, finishing a project that I've been working on since about March.  The closer I got to finishing, the more I wanted to spend time cross stitching.  I'm thinking about making it into a wall hanging, because framing costs are prohibitive.

Another time consuming, but fun project has been the making of small hexies!  My collection is now up to 43 of 56.  Now that the cross stitch is finished, I'll be spending even more time on the hexies.
Naturally, we have some kayaking pictures to end the post.  I guess these pics get boring after awhile, because they pretty much all look alike.  Water, clouds, the front of my kayak, and a heron or two.  It doesn't get any better.




Happy Independence Day to all my USA readers.......Sunny

Image result for fireworks images

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny ,such beautiful work as usual and your pics are so lovely it must feel so good to be out in your kayaking .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Sunny. Love your cross stitch! I also love your out and about pics....beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your pictures you take when kayaking. You've inspired me to add kayaking to our itinerary when in Hilton Head in September. Now if I can just talk DH into it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cross stitch sampler is just beautiful! Congratulations on finishing it. Lovely hexies! I always enjoy your kayaking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scrappy quilt and your cross stitch project to is beautiful . Never tire of your photos so keep them coming .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scrappy quilt and your cross stitch project to is beautiful . Never tire of your photos so keep them coming .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects look great. The cross stitch is such a nice finish.

    Good luck with all of those hexies. I know those will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed seeing your June projects! The service quilt came out so pretty. Somebody, somewhere, will be so blessed to receive it! Envy your kayak pictures! Hoping next month to be able to hit the water. I love the heron pics! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. No way do I ever get bored of seeing your kayaking pics Sunny!
    Beautiful work on that cross stitch - & you know I love a hexy or two! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Ind day to you tooo--and I don't get tired of the Kayaking photos either!! Great projects you are working on there--
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to come over and see if you posted your swallow nest photos on your blog. It is funny that we were both intrigued by the homes of these pesty birds, LOL. Love your quilt. I purchased two thirty styled fabric jelly rolls and gave one to my neighbor. I think it will be interesting to see the quilts we each come up with from the same fabrics. I admire anyone that takes on a cross-stitch project and actually finishes it. They are lovely, but take so much time and patience.
    Happy 4th of July!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some projects take longer than others so you can't always have lots done. Your cross stitch definitely has a lot of work in it. Lovely work on the charity quilt and it is great to see your hexie pile adding up.
    I never tire of your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you accomplished a lot for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, love your cross stitch piece! Love seeing your kayak adventures - have a great summer out there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet quilt - love the FM hearts!! And your cross-stitch is lovely. Can you frame it yourself? I've never been bitten by the hexie bug, but you make me want to get bitten by the kayak bug, lol!!! I'm glad you've been having such a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter and son-in-law just went Kayaking for the first time. Yes, they agree with you, nothing is better! Nice little stack of hexies. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your projects . Those hexies are gorgeous . Can 't wait to see what you are going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your projects . Those hexies are gorgeous . Can 't wait to see what you are going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.