"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, April 23, 2017

FNSI and GSMNP!

I always get so anxious when people start posting their FNSI results and it's not even Friday night yet in my time zone!  IT worked out well this month though, because we had just returned from a short vacation, and I didn't even realize that it was FNSI.  I spent my evening making small yoyos.  I need 64  for an upcoming project, and Friday night took me past the halfway point.  I added a few more to the pile on Saturday.

And look what I whipped up one day.  A cute little  sewing machine cover for my Featherweight.  It was quite a challenge, because the piece from the panel that I used was so crooked!!  But a little stretching and I made it work.


Look what I found at our local Target store a couple of weeks ago!  Yummo!  I need to go back to see if they still have them.

Now about that short vacation.  It's April so it must be time for some wildflower hiking and photography in the Smokies.  Also known as Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  I just love Spring, and there's no better place to spend a few days enjoying nature.  Spring green is the best.  I did my best to contribute to their economy.

We saw flowers, falls, ferns, and fungi.  Mountain vistas, creeks, and flowering trees.  Rain and fog.  I bought a new flower book, and plan to spend the next couple of weeks identifying the flowers that I'm not already familiar with.  If I follow through with that plan, I hope to set up a new page on my blog if anyone is interested in seeing them.  In the meantime, enjoy the Smokies through my lens.



















Thanks for coming along with us!  Hubby ordered a new lens for his camera, and it arrived while we were away, so I have a feeling there will be more wildflower pictures to follow.

Show someone you care today.....Sunny


24 comments:

  1. just about to get a new camera...........what do you have??? Looking at the Canon 77D very new........
    gorgeous pics......
    glad you found some timtams......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh--such pretty photos --and I also need a new camera--but--will have to rob a bank or win the lottery (oh--I don't buy lottery tickets--so back to robbing the bank!!)
    I always love making yo yo's--have 2 quilts with those I made--one the old fashioned way and one with that little plastic disc!!!
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sunny lovely work my friend and wow your pics are amazing what a pretty place,thankyou for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures! I've never been in the Smokies during the spring so I really appreciate your photos. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to see spring in the Smokies through your lens! It was snowing here when I got up this morning! Gorgeous shots! There's a few I'd like to identify, too! Am going to keep this page open for tomorrow's treasure hunt! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little yo yos... and great pictures... I love wildflowers ... so unique and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about the panic... especially when I don't get around to posting about FNSI until Sunday night and it is already Tuesday morning down under. Oh well. Good work on the yoyos. Love the tour of the Smokie Mountains. I will be looking for more photos and for your sidebar flower organizer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you join in for FNSI as it gives me two nights of sewing and I enjoy reading your posts all week....
    Amazing photos of the Smokies....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a cute cover for your Featherwieght...

    Timtams are one of my favourites too 😋

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that saying! How cute do those yoyoys look together. Very nice machine cover. I always adore your nature photos and I shall look forward to seeing your new page xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot....yay on the Tim Tam find....warning! They are very addictive lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love pretty yo yo's!
    such gorgeous photos Are the red flowers crucifix orchids? I have a plant that has very similar flowers. Took me 10 years to get a flower on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I even get that panic when we are 'ahead' of the rest of the world and I haven't posted yet!! Good work with the yo-yos :-) Lovely photos too. what a beautiful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Tim tams. I have a packet of int ones and Black Forest ones in the fridge... yummy.
    Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunny, your projects are great. Making yoyo's can be a
    relaxing project. The wildflower pictures are gorgeous. I love to seen them this time of the year.
    Beautiful signs of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your photos! I told hubby last night that I'm itching to get back to the Smoky Mountains. We haven't been since saying goodbye to a dear friend there, several years ago. Your sewing machine cover is wonderful. I have made yo yo's using the yo yo maker...aren't they fun?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your nature photos are so pretty.

    I LOVE the sewing machine cover. Great job on all of those yo yos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh such pretty flowers and pictures! I think those brownish red ones are so unique. Also, you got the best pic of the fog with your husband taking the pic. (Well, I'm assuming that's your husband.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling cover for your FW!! I need to make one for mine - I have that retro camper cover pattern, just need to get it done! Love your pics of the Smokies. I remember one of my first trips - I was alone, it was nighttime, and very foggy - there were no markings on the road, they'd just re-done the pavement. I was flying along, not a care in the world, and when I went back over that road the next morning I about died - there were no guardrails up yet and the drop-offs were so scary, lol! Driving the speed limit in heavy fog at night is NOT recommended. Your pics are just gorgeous, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sewing, chocolate and the great outdoors! My 3 favorite subjects! Looking forward to seeing more pics of the Smokies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the nature walk, and do you dip your tim tam into coffee and use it as a straw ?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely to see your stitching and how exciting that you can find Tim Tams in stores!!
    But most of all thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sunny your sewing machine cover is fabulous! Well done......and when I first saw the yoyos I thought they were cookies! Lol....now you know where my mind is most of the time......

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.