"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Mid month

Time passes so quickly.  The month is now half over, but the time passed while we were vacationing in Florida. Ahhh..... two weeks of warm and sunny weather visiting friends and family in different places.  We spent time on the beach and on nature walks.  And I finally got my air boat ride in the Everglades!!  DH and I both love photography, so you know we each took hundreds of pictures. 








Not much sewing has happened, but since I got home, I made some purple blocks for RSC18,
and added a border for an online Mystery Quilt that I'm making.

Today was Club day at the LQS, and I picked up a couple of fat quarters for a future step, as we've been given a hint of what we'll need for Step 4. 

Early tomorrow morning, I leave for RETREAT!!  So I'll be off the grid for a few days.  The poor kitties were not happy when I pulled out a suitcase today, so they'll be relieved when they realize DH is staying home with them.


Happy Stitching!      Sunny
Image result for vintage valentines day images

18 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing the photos you and your hubby take...you've got some gorgeous ones here. So interesting to see the wildlife and the different scenery from all the places you visit. Good that you are keeping up with these projects even if you haven't had much time to sew - I'm sure you'll put that to rights with your retreat this weekend - Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, love those pink spoonbills and the flamingos. The colours are amazing!
    Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing wild life ...love your projects ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a joy to see Myron and your beautiful photos...
    Nice purple RSC18 blocks and I like your mystery block. Look forward to seeing the progress.
    Have the best time at retreat and it's good Myron is home to kittysit.😺😻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunny wow your pics are amazing i love the orange bird,such a stunning pic and i always love your work,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pics and glad you had a great vacation! Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pics of Florida and the beautiful color of that flamingo. Really takes me back to the 70s when we lived in south Florida. Thanks! Have a great time on retreat!!! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am soo jealous of those great Fl photos--you did a great job on those--glad you had a great trip and have some lovely photos and memories to share--
    enjoy the retreat-di

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sunny, those pics are amazing! Enjoy your retreat :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your retreat. Great photos.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I love all your critter photos Sunny. Beautiful RSC blocks and the applique block is so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Officially jealous- I want an air boat ride in the Everglades!!! AMAZING pics, my dear! The applique block is so pretty - enjoy your retreat, pics when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to have a nice break. Love seeing all the photos. I especially love the colour you have picked up on the flamingo. When I first saw then in real life I was amazed at the vibrant colour but just could not catch it with my camera. You have succeeded beautifully. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos... Glad you had a lovely time away......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics as always... and what a fab flamingo!
    Have fun at Retreat, lucky you x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an experience to be able to go to the everglades, and such cool pictures! It must be so fun to compare pictures with your hubby. Seeing different things even though you were together, and seeing what each of you captured on your cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pictures.. and your blocks for the 52 week challenge are absolutely gorgeous >

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great finish on your Friendship Garden..... Maybe I will catch up...

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.