"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Monday, March 12, 2018

So this happened over the weekend...

Well, it's happened again.  My personal odometer rolled over another year with little fanfare over the weekend.  I have an eye infection and may or may not be highly contagious (but I probably am)  so I didn't leave the house all weekend.  But that gave me plenty of time for this!

There are ELEVEN small quilts in this pile to be quilted.    Two are charity quilts for a friend, two more are for another charity that I do some quilting for, and the rest are mine!  Actually three of mine are charity quilts from scraps, and I'll share them in a few days.  Sandwiching and basting are my      absolute least favorite part of quilting.  And HORRORS!!  I ran out of batting, and needed to piece the last one.  I think this calls for a shopping trip!  Tonight and tomorrow are all about the quilting.

Sadly, I'm supposed to be leaving for retreat early Wednesday morning, and I'm probably not going to be able to go.  I have a doctor appointment at 9am, and I'll have to see what he says.  I've already accepted the fact that I probably won't be going, but there isn't anything I can do about it, so I'll just stay home and sew all day!  I have my projects all prepped, so I should be able to get a lot done.  And I'll try not to whine too much.   :-)  I should have a ton of finished for OPAM this month.

Happy Stitching!   . . . . .   Sunny




21 comments:

  1. Sorry you have to miss the retreat, but maybe things will work out so that you don't :)
    Happy Stitching!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your eye is better sew you can go to retreat my friend but if not you can have a Home Retreat. Maybe Myron can do the cooking. You have plenty to keep you busy. I always sew my my pieces of batting together to use up my bits...
    Our Patch is having our "Stay at Home Retreat" this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sunny i hope you are feeling better soon and i have my fingers crossed that you can go on your retreat,sending you a big hug my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry you are 'under the weather', so to speak. Quiet b-days are the norm in my life, even when I’m well. It would be a shame to miss the retreat, but sounds like you have a good attitude about it. And you certainly have plenty piled up to keep you busy! I hope your eye clears up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy birthday Sunny. I am sorry you aren't well. I hope your eye is better soon....hopefully in time for retreat. BTW....love your photos of the water birds xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that you might have to miss retreat - hope you heal really quickly - or at least are well enough to quilt up those quilts...good on you pulling out such a big pile of ufos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you improve enough to go on retreat but if you have to stay home keep sewing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! You'll need to celebrate when you feel better. Hoping the doctor can fix you right up. Sorry about the retreat but glad you can still sew at home. Take care! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Sorry that you have this nasty eye problem though and such a shame if you can not go on retreat - hope it gets better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday sweet friend! If you hurry and get started on your eye drops, you may be able to go????? Either way, enjoy your sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My odometer has rolled over so many times, I don't think I can get all the quilts made that I already have patterns and fabric already in stash. Yet I keep adding to that list. Sorry you are having problems that would keep you away from fun with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can always celebrate that odometer roll over--next week is as good as this week, my friend--in fact you have a whole year to celebrate in before it rolls over again!!!!!
    I am with you on the layering and basting--sometimes thinking of having to do it is actually worse that doing it!!!
    love the ibis photo!!
    enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I'm sorry you had to stay home for your birthday.. but at least you could sew :) Hope you're better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday , hope your are feeling better, sorry you had to miss the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting an eye infection is not the way to celebrate a birthday!! I do hope you recover quickly and have a chance to enjoy your special day - even a few days late.
    But that pile of quilts shows how well you have used the down time!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh no! I will send some positive vibes that the infection goes away quickly and you can go to your retreat......but actually looks like you have made good alternative plans......I think all of us love to start new projects.....and our UFO pile results.....lol.......

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you get to go to your retreat, positive thinking and you never know. If not, good on you for being organised and you will have a great list for OPAM. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the eye infection heals up real soon Sunny. Thats a shame about retreat but you will be able to have your own little retreat sewing away merrily at home. Take care Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.