"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Friday, November 19, 2010

Prizes, treasures, and Friday Night sewing!

I was one of the lucky winners of the Friday Night Sew-In drawing last month, and my prize arrived a couple of days ago, just in time for another Friday Night Sew-In.  Look at these luscious fat quarters!
The colors are actually nicer than the photograph shows.

I was off work today, so I did some cleaning, sewing, organizing, and treasure hunting.  I couldn't stay in the house all day, could I?  Here are my treasures.

Have you noticed that I like linens and laces? and buttons? and jewelry?  Some of the lace is destined to end up in a quilt, as is part of one of the hankies.  And who knows what might happen with the rest of the lace.

And now, I must go whip up a batch of gingerbread to take to friends tomorrow, and then get back to some sewing!  Tomorrow I have a trip to G Street Fabrics on the agenda.  I haven't been there for several years, so I'm hoping I'll find some goodies!

living life with an attitude of gratitude......Sunny





1 comment:

  1. all are just lovely,all of your goodies,have fun shopping .theodora

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.