"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hexies and Totes

There’s been good mail at my house this week!  Yesterday I received a surprise package from Anthea.  She sent me a lovely little blue tote, a hexie pin cushion, and two fat quarters.  I had admired some gumboot fabric that she used recently, and now I have my very own.  I also found out some time ago that Anthea has an aversion to blue, so she is in ‘therapy’ to overcome it. 

IMG_1959

I also received a hexie from Raewyn, as part of a postcard exchange that we did.  Her stitching is amazing.

IMG_1962IMG_1963

And here are the postcards that I sent earlier this month, and have all been received now.

IMG_1730

Today, my tote arrived from the Sewing With Friends Swap, from Mhairi.  I just love the colors, and it held some special tea bags, and a fat quarter with Koalas and Kangaroos.

IMG_1961

It’s been like Christmas around here the last couple of days.  Thanks ladies!!  And now I’m heading down to the sewing room.  I’m suffering from withdrawal…….

Be kind to fellow swappers…..Sunny

IMG_5365

14 comments:

  1. what wonderful gifts Sunny i can see why it would be like xmas,enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Raewyn is so clever, her postcard is gorgeous... I love the postcards you made too, very happy greeting!
    Enjoy the thread catcher & goodies! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great gifts Sunny,I love Raewyn's postcard.all the postcards look fabulous .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry I forgot to mention the tote which looks great !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it really was a good few days for mail! So pleased you like the postcard I sent...the ones you sent out are pretty special too. The other swap gifts are lovely, you've taken part in heaps lately:-) Hope you got some good sewing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful mail! Much better than bills. And the postcards all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to receive those sweet gifts. Love it when you get fun mail. Have a great sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Sunny!!! Great gifts, those post cards are wonderful, too.

    Have fun sewing.

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you, Sunny! Lovely gifts, love the hexies. Pays to go "north to Alaska" that`s for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been a lucky girl receiving those beautiful gifts..
    I LOVE my postcard, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of lovely mail, love the postcard Raewyn made for you , I agree her stitching is amazing ! Enjoy all your goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you participate in the lovely pouch swap? I had Anthea too! She hasn't received my pouch yet and I can't wait to see if she liked it. You are a lucky girl to get such treats in the mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is fun to get mail like that. love those postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The "Hellos" are so cute! I love the colors. Raewyn's does excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.