"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

give thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.  Later today we will be gathering with family to enjoy a feast and give thanks for all our many blessings.  I’m thankful that we’re guests, and don’t have to do all the cooking and cleaning.

I’ll be delivering the Four Seasons quilt that I was asked to make last Thanksgiving.   I had fun with it, and I hope the new owners will like it.

I’ve finished two small quilts this week.  One is for our Guild’s Service project.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The pink fabrics that make up the star and the scrappy binding were ‘scraps’ from previous projects.  The backing is fabric that a former coworker gave me.  I thought there were about two or three yards, but there were actually six yards!  I’m sure I’ll be able to put it all to good use.

The other quilt is a secret, so I won’t be able to show it until after Christmas.  I did most of the quilting on my Sweet 16 – we’re becoming friends at last!  I did some meandering in the outer border, and I had to rip it all out because the tension was bad.  I had checked and adjusted it before I started, but I guess I still didn’t have it right.  I think the problem was the thread I wanted to use, so I ended up using the thread on my DSM, and it turned out great. 

Christmas gift

We had our first snow yesterday, and while the forecast was for 3-6 inches, we probably got about an inch and a half.  And because it was 70 degrees on Monday and in the 50’s on Tuesday, the roads were warm enough that the snow melted on contact.  There certainly wasn't enough snow for this.

snow angael

And the only snowmen around are on the quilt that I’m going to start quilting on Friday.

20141108_104321

wish me luck!              Sunny

heart and stars divider

20 comments:

  1. hi sunny love your new look blog an d happy thanksgiving and love seeing your sewing projects,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful projects , happy thanksgiving, Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,beautiful projects, Peggy! Enjoy your day and all the good food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy thanksgiving Sunny..
    Love the Four Seasons quilt.
    You have been enjoying sewing and have fun quilting the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Sunny , enjoy your day with family and friends. Some lovely work !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful day with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes--your 4 seasons wall quilt came out just lovely--are you going to make more of them???
    we got about 3 inches of snow here-and like you--none of stuck to the roads so that was great for the travelers!!!
    Glad that you and the Sweet 16 are getting along so well--
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving, Sunny. I hope you had a wonderful day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving! I am sure your 4 seasons quilt is going to be loved. It is beautiful. Your snowman quilt turned out so well. I love it, too.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. I am sure the Seasons quilt will be enjoyed.
    And have fun with your snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some lovely projects - thse snowmen look fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the letter banner blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving! I was glad to be a guest too, although I did end up doing all the dishes, lol. So how did your Four Seasons quilt go over? I bet they were THRILLED! Gorgeous star quilt and your snowmen are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were only supposed to get an inch - and no accumulation. We got at least 2 inches and accumulation. Even so, I loved the snow and wouldn't mind a lot more like that ... enough to be pretty without causing any major problems for those who need to get out.

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your snowman quilt!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are using your machine! The snowman quilt is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy you have certainly been very productive...have fun quilting those snow men.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful projects. especially love the snowmen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful Four Seasons quilt. It looks quite complicated (well to me anyway!) Lovely colours you have chosen for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your snowman quilt is fabulous and it will be fun to see the quilting! Your seasons quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That really is a pretty snow angel. I wonder how they did that. I love the snowmen on your quilt. Did you start quilting it? Is it fun?

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.