"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Weekend Getaway

No stitching here today, so feel free to click on to the next blog if you’re not interested in nature photos.
We spent the day in Great Smoky Mountain National Park yesterday, hiking and looking for wildflowers.  BIL and SIL, who live near here and are quite familiar with the area and the flora were our awesome tour guides. 
IMG_2446IMG_2454IMG_2463IMG_2514IMG_2534IMG_2588IMG_2614IMG_2662IMG_2714IMG_2755IMG_2761IMG_2774

I won’t even tell you how many pictures I took.  I just love that pixels are free! 
Today was a drive along the Cherohala Skyway in NC and TN.  We started off with a beautiful waterfall and some more wild flowers, followed by some pretty vistas before DH got sick and we had to call it a day.
IMG_2803IMG_2806IMG_2824IMG_2825IMG_2850IMG_2862IMG_2867IMG_2878IMG_2903












We will be returning home tomorrow if DH is well enough to travel.  Spring comes to our area a little later, so we can hopefully do some hiking near home and find more wildflowers in the next couple of weeks.  Despite his getting sick, this has been a wonderful trip, and we will be back.  Thanks B&J!!
Our regularly scheduled programming will return in the next post.   Until then….
Happy Spring!     Sunny
IMG_2617

20 comments:

  1. DH and I talk often about driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway, ending up in the GSMNP. Your pictures are gorgeous and are making me think we need to plan that trip for sooner rather than later. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you had me at Nature photos Lol! Just gorgeous photos. So sorry hubby became unwell. Hope he is better soon and thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos - nature is a wonderful thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Just gorgeous !

    Hope DH is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you are home and Spouse is on the road to recovery........

    Pictures are charming and bring back memories of when we were there once...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoyed seeing your photos! It will be a while before we have wild flowers blooming here. Such a beautiful area! I hope your DH recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite places! I enjoyed your photo's. My husband and I used to do some hiking there and he could identify most of the plants there. It was always a treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos--and thanks for sharing them --
    I took the big camera out this morning for some photos down at the lake and pier-
    so will share some photos tomorrow probably--
    hope DH is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love springtime in the Smokey Mts. My husband and I always talk about how much we miss our annual trip to Snowbird Lodge near the Cherohala Skyway. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those flowers all look so delicate ... great pictures...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers Sunny, your photography is stunning. I would love to visit the Smokey Mountains some day. Hope your hubby feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful spot to visit................

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a lovely getaway, gorgeous photos Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sunny what gorgeous pictures!!!! I'm so sorry to hear DH is sick, saying some prayers that he's well enough to travel. I think I need a trip to the Smokies this year....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning views. A wonderful place to visit. Hope Hubby is well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos and views; it looks like a lovely time of the year to travel! Hope DH is better now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this was the perfect post for me today - just calmness and beauty. I'll be back again later when I need to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photography. It all looks so very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful scenery and wildlife snaps. I guess spring has sprung!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photographs, makes me want to go up in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.