"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Friday, September 15, 2017

Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade!

I've been lax in blogging again, but life has been busy.  I must take a minute to post my pincushion for the PPPP.  Pop over to Ida's  blog to see more of the parade.    This was made last spring for a guild challenge.  Every entrant won a ribbon, and my little chook received "Miss Congeniality"  She joins a growing chook collection in my sewing room!

Tomorrow is National Sew a Jelly Roll day, and I've got my project all ready to roll.  I hope to get up early and spend the entire day just sewing away.

I'm sure you're really here to see nature photos - LOL! - so here is a collection from today's hike,

bug is Ailanthus webworm moth, with tightly tucked wings!



Loved this collection of mushrooms

Fall is coming to the forest

Oxeye Daisy

Bottle Gentian - my prize for the day!!

more signs of Fall

hundreds of tiny little mushrooms
I had breakfast with Di earlier this week, as she was on the run from Irma with her daughter.  You can read about it here.


Keep on stitching! . . . . Sunny



21 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny ,beautiful pics ,lol love that your chook won "Miss Congeniality",hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Chooky! Such beautiful pics....loved seeing them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your darling little chook. Miss Congeniality is the best award! I love your gorgeous pictures; thanks for sharing. Have fun sewing your jelly roll today ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I had been wondering where you were.... The PPPP just wouldn't be complete without a Sunny Pincushion! What a sweet one it is🐥🐥🐥
    ������

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I had been wondering where you were.... The PPPP just wouldn't be complete without a Sunny Pincushion! What a sweet one it is🐥🐥🐥
    ������

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chook is gorgeous Sunny. Love the nature pictures too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers..... Love the chook..... So cute.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your chooky! Hope you enjoyed your jelly roll stitching today.
    Great nature pictures, Sunny!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Congeniality is cute.. Love her top notch feathers..
    thanks for the walk in your favorite forrest..XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's difficult to stay in and sew when the weather is cooperative and you realize summer is coming to an end! I am enjoying your Nature photos, as I've not been able to get out into the forest this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic pincushion Sunny, love it!
    Great pics from your adventures x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunny, once again you have the cutest pincushion, and
    as always love you nature photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that last pic! So lacey and delicate! Almost looks like a snowflake! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute pincushion and I love seeing your nature photos , they make me smile😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little chicken certainly deserves to be a winner! Visiting from the parade and I enjoyed your beautiful nature photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love that chook pin cushion--cute--
    and those nature photos are sooo neat--great job--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miss Congeniality is adorable. I think I remember her from an earlier post. I love the orange and white moth in the photo. Also, the white mushrooms... my dad has those in his yard and someone mentioned to him that they always grown in a circular pattern. Since I learned that, I keep an eye out for them and I have seen quite a few bunches in a perfect circle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pincushion - love the monogram it's perfect! I always enjoy your stunning nature photos. Looking forward to seeing you at Retreat next week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pincushion, beautiful photos as usual.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.