"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, January 21, 2018

FNSI, RSC18, BOM's

It looks like alphabet soup!  Do they still make that?  I remember eating it as a child, but didn't really care for it.

Friday night found me sewing along with the FNSI girls around the world.  If you click on the link, you can go see what others were working on.  You might get inspiration for a new project?  I made three little name badges.

I made one of these a couple of years ago to hang on my sewing machine while at retreat.  It replaced a post-it note that someone had slapped on the back of my machine, with my name misspelled.   Then I decided to make a few for friends, and now I've probably made about 45 or 50.  Earlier in the week, I had made 10, then ran across a note for 3 others that I had forgotten about.  I hope I'm done now.  My original one had binding on it, but that doesn't happen any more!

I made another blue block for RSC18.  I'm combining this with another project, and will be making one block every week this year. 
Vacation is coming up soon, so I'm trying to work ahead on as many projects as I can.  In my effort to complete two old BOM's, I will be making at least one block each month, much like they should have been several years ago.  I'm hoping that I'll actually be done long before the end of the year, but we'll see how that goes.
January and February American Beauty:
This quilt is made using Marti Michell templates, which terrified me when I attempted it earlier.  Now I know the secret, and it's much more enjoyable.

January and February Fundamentals:
I don't know why I didn't make this one.  There are four blocks per month, and it starts out very simple and gets progressively more intricate. 

I was given some fabric last week and much of it was not to my liking, but I thought it would make great place mats for Meals on Wheels.  Most of today was spent cutting tops, backs, and batting.  Three small quilts were also basted, and some hand stitching happened.  Quilting happening in the next day or two!!

Happy Stitching......Sunny




As of Saturday afternoon,, the ice jam is still holding, and is very very very slowly melting.  The risk of flooding is now deemed to be minimal, as the water level has been dropping.  I'll probably go check it one more time on Monday, and then resume my regular life.  LOL!

20 comments:

  1. Nice name tags you've made Sunny.
    Great blue RSC block and the BOMs looking great.
    You'll get them done by the end of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy looking good ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size do you make your meals on wheels place mats. We are thinking of making some for the end of year to donate..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sunny cute name tags and your blocks are gorgeous well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The machine name tags are a great idea. love the way they look.
    And well done with keeping up with all your blocks. So much to do.
    The ice still looks amazing and i am so pleased the risk of flooding has subsided.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea with the name tags... much nicer for Retreat than Post-It Notes!
    Love your ice pics & glad to know the risk of flooding has reduced... it's easy to become so interested in the weather & it's outcomes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all the beautiful projects you are working on Sunny and the name tags are just great! Love your photographs too.... I always enjoy looking at them. Nature is so beautiful! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable name tags - I can see why you don't bind them! Making placemats for Meals on Wheels is a great idea; you are so kind. I'm so glad the risk of flooding is about gone but I do enjoy the pictures of your ice dams. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those name tags are just adorable... how sweet of you to make so many! You've been a busy girl and everything looks lovely. I didn't realize you were working again. You really do get a lot done!!! The river still looks cold and we had some pretty warm days lately. I'm sure it's been fun watching its progress. And yes, they do still make alphabet soup... I used to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those name tags are awesome! And what a great idea. So much better than a post-it, lol. Love love love your blocks. I didn't much care for alphabet soup either, lol...but I had fun playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty blocks! and wow ! the ice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pink and green blocks are beautiful. I need to make a name tag myself. Your are really nice, able to read the name. Some get so cutsie you can't read
    d them

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those name tags... must make one for my machines - now do I put my name or their name on it? Love your blocks too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that last photo of the piece of ice sticking up with that sharp point!!! Neat looking name tags--great job on those--and the blocks are all really pretty--and more placemats for meals on wheels is always good--are you still doing the little doll blankets???
    enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the name tags. That is a pretty blue block.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those very sweet name tags Sunny. Your RSC block is lovely. Your other blocks are wonderful too. You have been so busy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The name tags are wonderful. I'll bet they are all enjoyed. Your blue checkerboard is going to make a fabulous finish. Have fun with your BOMs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those name tags; what a great idea! And those American Beauty blocks are, well, BEAUTY-ful! Like you, we’re going on vacation soon. But we are driving (family in AZ), so I’ll be taking my sewing machine. Have a great time, Sunny, and we’ll “talk” when you get back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. the name badges are a great idea, much nicer than sticky labels... love your blocks too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the badges too and am going to use that idea for a Girl Scout beginning sewing workshop I'm hosting in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.