"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Let the Commenting Commence!

Oh Happy Day - Blogger has fixed the commenting problem!  If you haven't read about it yet, you can go here for full instructions.  Shez also has the instructions if you're a follower of her blog. 

I have been so busy stitching while I wasn't responding to comments.  I've made 10 more name badges for retreat friends to put on their machines.  This has become a never-ending project.  Every time I say it's the last batch, someone else asks, or we get a new person at retreat. 

A couple of years ago, I made these 16-patches as part of a larger project.  Which never happened.  I can't just discard all this hard work of course, so I made a doll quilt.  This will go to A Doll Like Me, and they have a need for quilts for boys as well as girls.


Naturally, the remaining patches became part of a place mat for Meals on Wheels.  More place mats were made with the trimmings from the backing of a quilt.  Said quilt will be making an appearance here soon, as it is near the top of the to-be-quilted pile. 

I have been quilting like crazy this past week, and here is another one of my finishes.  This is the result of our block exchange at another retreat.  This was the first time I participated in this exchange, and I love the result!!  They always choose a scrappy Civil War style quilt.


Last and least, here is my Challenge Quilt for guild.  We had to draw our inspiration from a magazine page.   I had a lot of fun with it, but didn't win any prizes this year.  Already looking forward to the next challenge!



I've also quilted 5 other small quilts, and will be binding like crazy in the days to come. but first, I have to go on a little  weekend retreat.  I've been cutting and prepping and packing, and hope to accomplish a lot while I'm away.  I don't really know most of the people, so I plan to choose a nice quiet corner and just sew away like crazy.


Keep on stitching......Sunny






27 comments:

  1. Yay and yay! Lovely work sunny and lovely photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it’s so nice to be able to communicate again! Thanks for hanging in with me and my blog throughout the last several “dark” weeks! I’ve missed talking to you. Looks like you’ve been busy. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have the comment problem resolved!!! You have been very productive - love all of your finishes. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to check out that comment thing... I sure hope it's fixed. That basket quilt is amazing Sunny.... I love it! The doll quilt and the Florida one are adorable too; you should have won a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am especially drawn to your basket quilt. There are a couple blue fabrics that really pop and they are well placed to drawn your eye around the quilt.
    The Florida post card is a hit with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really put your time to good use. The basket quilt is so pretty and I think the doll quilt is the perfect solution for the well planned blocks. I should do that with some of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts look stunning and I love the nature photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pretty projects all of them--always love the little doll quilts--I bet you make so many new friends this week end--you won't have time to sew as much as you think you will!!!!
    and I love the nature photos--
    and I did do what they said to do--but mine isn't working yet to get them in the email page--sooo???
    enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely finishes, the basket quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of treasures! I’m sure your efforts will be greatly appreciated and everyone will love their name tags. I’ve walked short spurts of the Appalachian Trail up in Maine. From Georgia to Maine.....that’s just a wee distance, huh? Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness Sunny, you have been busy. What glorious results for your efforts. I just loved reading this post and ogling all your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet postcard - and your baskets are pretty. Great use of your blocks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Florida postcard Sunny, what a fun theme for the Challenge.
    Great use of the 16patch pieces too. You've been a busy lady!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy sewing while unable to reply to comments but it's great we can again.
    Love the idea of having a name tag on your machine..
    Sweet Doll quilt and your block exchange quilt is lovely.
    Nice Florida Post card.
    Happy sewing at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been busy with so many wonderful projects. Gorgeous photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you have been busy, girl - I adore that basket quilt, so gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it wonderful to have the comments working again! Love all these beautiful projects and I always enjoy seeing your nature photographs! Beautiful! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sunny such beautiful work my friend you sure have been busy,love your pics,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It does look like you have been making the most of your time. It is a delight to see all your finishes.
    Well done on the quilt from the block exchange. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've certainly been keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely projects Sunny! I NEED to make a basket quilt, they are so cool... one day... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I'm so excited to see your basket quilt. I remember when you talked about making one. It turned out just wonderful. I've wanted to do a basket block exchange. Someday. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Sunny, you are prolific. Love belying work x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sunny, did you not sew along for FnwFs??

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article.
    Live football

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.