"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook, March 8


FOR TODAY
March 8, 2010...
Outside my window...the days are getting longer and longer, and I have crocus's blooming in my front yard
I am thankful for...Libraries. I stopped at ours tonight and checked out 3 books on tape for my commute
From the kitchen...made a casserole with leftover beef, mushrooms, and noodles. Quite tasty.
I am wearing...jeans, a sweatshirt, and my Crocs. My usual Monday night attire.
I am creating...birthday cards on the agenda for tonight
I am going...to a Scrapbooking Retreat this weekend, where I'll be spending time with my college roommate (from a lonnnnnnng time ago)
I am reading...The Grief Club
I am hoping...that I can retain my sanity at work.
I am hearing...the washer is running, and hubby has on the TV upstairs.
Around the house...did some more cleaning and organizing over the weekend. Things are starting to shape up.
One of my favorite things...spending quality time with Deanna at Mountin' Retreat
A few plans for the rest of the week: sewing, Quilt Guild, birthday dinner, Photo Club, and the retreat. A very busy week here.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This is the time of year for Bald Eaglets to be hatching in our area. I enjoy watching the eagle cams at Blackwater Refuge, which has two new hatchlings, and NCTC, which is hoping for a hatch in about a week.

2 comments:

  1. Busy, busy girl - but it all sounds wonderful, Sunny! Thanks for the cute picture! I'm so bummed you can't make the next sewing party either - but hopefully the next one! Enjoy your busy week!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.