"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Peaches and a Quilt

On Sunday, hubby and I went to the local Peach Festival, as we have for the past several years. Attending such festivals is one the perks of living in a somewhat rural area. There are craft booths, and an old-time tractor parade, but the main reason for going is the food, of course.


..........................You can get Peach Pie.....................


.............................Peach Ice Cream............................


......................Peach Cobbler....or Peach Tea......................


.........................or just plain Peaches!..............................




One of the other highlights is a handmade quilt that is always raffled off. Unfortunately, there had been a slight rain shower right before we got there, so the quilt had been taken down. I did get the gentleman selling tickets to hold it up for me, but we can't see the entire quilt. They haven't called me to tell me I won. :-(

2 comments:

  1. I like the thought of the peach cobbler and peach ice cream.

    love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peaches I used to live in Oregon my neighbor had a peach tree and some of its branches would be on our side of the fence ,he told us we could eat all the peaches that were on our side and I can't forget those peaches we the neighborhood kids would have peach eating contest I won LOL, that is a pretty quilt I hope they call you , satop by and vist me.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.