"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Weekend Ends

It's hard to believe that it's Sunday night already.  Friday night, I sewed on my quilt bindings.  On Saturday morning, I took another long walk on the towpath.  There's not much fall color here this year.  I think most of the leaves will dry up and fall off because of the unusual heat and dryness that we've experienced this summer. 

Potomac River

C&O Canal Towpath

Saturday night, we had free tickets to a crab feast. I ate one crab, and hubby probably ate a couple dozen. Picking crabs is not my favorite thing to do, and they were so salty I couldn't stand to eat them. Fortunately, there was also barbecued chicken, pasta salad, and corn on the cob.

Picking crabs

This morning, we got up early and went to a nice craft show, which we were lucky enough to also have free tickets to! It's a juried show, with nice crafts, but it seemed much smaller today than the last couple of times we attended. We didn't buy much, but had a nice time walking around. We got there before the big crowds.

Mountain Heritage Arts & Crafts Festival


We also stopped at a small farmer's market, and had lunch at hubby's favorite Thai restaurant. I let him pick the activities this weekend since last week was 'all about me'. Later this afternoon, I went to a couple more antique shops, where I bought a few more hankies. I should have enough now for my quilt top!

Now I'm settled in to read a few blogs, and work on those bindings some more. I hope everyone had as nice a weekend as I did.

3 comments:

  1. What a great weekend.

    Our leaves are starting to turn but they don't seem as vivid as earlier years

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for your nice comments on my blog, Sunny!
    I have been peeking at your quilting dreams for quite a while now... Just don't seem to take the time to comment... The crabs look oh, so yummy!
    {And I'm loving your other blog--I just found it.... I love the pic. of the painted beach cottages, and your recent post of hotel hospitality!! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice place to walk. I ought to take some photos of where I walk and then you would see why I love your pictures! Too bad the crab was salty. I love crab - but not picking it out of the legs, too time consuming.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.