"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tis the Season

I can't make it stop.  Christmas really is coming.  And coming soon.  Last night, for FNSI, I worked on several Christmas projects.   I sandwiched and quilted something for my Santa Sack partner:
I also added borders to another project for a swap:

I put a few stitches in another swap project:

And I made 2 stockings for Stockings For Kids.

Thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for organizing FNSI each month.  I join in most months, and I really do get a lot done.

One of the blessings of not working, is that I can meet up with friends and do fun things on week days.  Yesterday I met up with Marianne, and we went to a Craft Show.  We walked, and talked, and shopped, and ate.  Marianne fell in love with a rocking horse, but with a price tag of $5500, she chose not to purchase it.  But how often does a girl get a chance to ride a $5500 rocking horse?

While we were talking and eating lunch, I mentioned the mystery quilt that I had received the day before.  She said she had recently received a little quilt also  When she got home, she read my post and saw my quilt, and sent me a picture of the one she had received.  It's the same quilt!  She, however, had the name of the sender, so I did   some searching around, and found where I had won a giveaway that I had forgotten.  Thanks Sandy!! 

This afternoon, we went to a small town Christmas parade to see our granddaughter dance!  Their routine was so cute.  I tried to get a picture, but they were moving too fast for my little camera.

We also saw firetrucks, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, miniature horses, a few marching bands, old cars, friends on motorcycles, and lots of little elves and snowmen.




While I love watching the big parades, like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, small town parades are the best!

And last, but certainly not least, I received a little squishy package from Portugal.  A beautiful fat quarter from my friend Ana Maria.  Thanks Ana!  It's gorgeous, and I'll certainly be thinking of you when I create something with this  fabric.


counting my blessings......Sunny


18 comments:

  1. Parade looks like fun! Looks like you had a great FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time and I agree small town parades are a lot of fun.Nice squishy!You also accomplished a lot on FNSI ,I forgot to sign in:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the borders you showed in the picture--very pretty! I didn't get any time to sew yesterday. My husband had to work all day. By the time he got home, it was already late and time for dinner and bed. I was exhausted, but will get some sewing done today.

    Love the parade pics. We have gone to the local Veteran's Day parade 4 years in a row, but couldn't go this year since my husband had to work. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of fun sewing and a parade. Sounds like a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yes I also did some secret sewing on the weekend and I finished a quilt for Foster Kids for my FNSI.
    Cute stockings.
    There is nothing nicer than spending time with friends.

    Lovely gift from Ana Marie too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to stitch and sew! Looks like the weather was beautiful for a parade. How fun! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah--friends food and crafts all in one day!!! What you did not tell or show was if you purchased any goodies!!
    And I love the little quilt you got in the mail==but have to say that the other package of the JOY towel and the goodies that came with it are the 'best' gift--sweet gifts I should say!!!!!
    Love the little stockings--
    Hugs, Di and the fur ball----

    ReplyDelete
  8. who doesn't love small town parades? Looks like you had a great time...but that's one goofy looking snowman.

    Ans yes it is a blessing to spend time with friends. I had a ball at the craft fair with you and look forward to more fun days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is getting here quickly.....wasn't it just Easter? What happened? Looks like you had a fun FNSI :-) The parade must have been fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas projects look great!! Love the stockings too. Wow that is some horse...but at least you don't have to feed it. Glad you found out where the little quilt came from!

    Love a parade - especially fun to watch a grandchild in one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look like you had lots of fun.
    Your Xmas projects look very nice.I wish I could see all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love hometown parades also. All your projects sure all coming along nicely and looking GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sunny I am happy to see you had a nice time at the parade ,I love small town parades it so reminds me of my town parade they were fun times,your projects are all so pretty and the stockings are just perfect I like the little vintage detail it really makes it special I thank you for stopping by to visit me a couple of weeks ago or so ,if I didn't already thank you I keep so busy I forget what I am doing wish you plenty of fun crafty hours. xoxo theodora p.s. that horse if beautiful I would ride it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - you had a wonderful productive FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done with your projects! Did you say Christmas is coming? :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely post Sunny

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.