"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Christmas QAL–October

66bfc25f-1b73-44f7-9541-b8095aaf6595_zpse1352480[1]

I don’t have much time to post, because I am busy sewing.  But I missed August (beach trip) and September (Alaska), so I made sure I’d be home today.

Of course, the main project that I plan to complete today is my Challenge quilt.  Quilt Sue issued a challenge for the QAL, and I have to agree that it was certainly a challenge!  If we accept the challenge, we are to make a Christmas quilt (easy enough) without using RED or GREEN (HUH!?!).  Well we all put on our thinking caps, and there are some very nice quilts out there!  Jolly Jo is our hostess this month, and Happy Hazel will be back with us next month.

IMG_2102

I’ve been struggling with the final design element for this, and while walking through my office the other day, I saw something on a coworkers wall that I instantly knew was the perfect solution!  What do you think?

IMG_2103

Check back later to see what happens next.

 

 

 

 

 

A couple of months ago, I sorted through my scraps and made a pile of HST’s. and I finally got back to them and put them together. 

IMG_2101

Due to my inability to read/interpret/follow instructions, it is not the right size, so I’m presented with the opportunity to redesign.  Because I am NOT taking it apart, or remaking all those HST’s!

I’m also working on a secret project.

And now I must get back to stitching!  I’ll be back later.

Kindness matters…….Sunny

IMG_6220

9 comments:

  1. You have all kinds of projects going on over there. I love your Christmas quilt and am interested to see what you do with the white fabric. Your flying geese look good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flying geese, some thing I've not tried. Looking forward to seeing the quilt finished, with doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas quilt and those doilies will look wonderful . I would be redesigning too , way too much work to rip out or do over . Hope you had a fun day sewing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some fun projects going on right now. I like the little flying geese quilt it is so cute! Can't wait to see what the secret project turns out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas quilt looks great looking forward to seeing what you do next. That's not a mistake that was a challenge.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I've worked it out. You're going to gift wrap your challenge quilt in the doilies and then send it to me! Its really looking good, and I love the colours you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am interested to see what you do with the lovely quilt..
    nice Flying Geese..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the change of colours, and your flying geese quilt is great!
    Good Luck with all Christmas stuff:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh-can't wait to see what you are going to do with the Christmas quilt!! and your other projects are all looking good --I like the flying geese one--
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.