"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Monday, February 1, 2010

My first Quilt


In May of 2009, my sister-in-law invited me to a Quilt Retreat so that we could spend some girl time together. Since I wasn't a quilter, she suggested that I scrapbook while the others quilted. I thought a girls' weekend was a great idea, so I signed up. By the end of the weekend, I was convinced that I wanted to try quilting. The girls helped me choose fabric and a pattern for a beginner quilt. It wasn't long before I decided that I definitely needed a class, but there were none offered in the local area during the summer months. I finally took a class in October, and this quilt is the result! The ABC's class taught us everything from how to cut, how to piece, how to stitch in the ditch, and even how to bind our quilts. I was so proud of this quilt, and anxious to get to work on the next one. I've been honing my shopping skills as well, and I now have enough fabric to make several quilts! Oh - and I still haven't used the fabric or the pattern that I purchased at the retreat.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute quilt -- you did a great job for your first quilt! Welcome to blog land - it's a wonderful place to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a beautiful quilt. Keep it up and connect anytime.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.