"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Santa Came!

I must have been a very good girl this year, because Santa left some very nice goodies!  I got a beautiful watch and some sewing goodies from DH
Santa also dropped off a new large cutting mat, a scallop template, some fabric, and a cute little bag. And a very generous gift certificate for Fat Quarter Shop.


I also received some lovely surprises from bloggy friends.  This lovely tea towel, along with some other cat-themed items and a beautiful ornament came from the very talented Di of Quilting is Blissful.  It's simple but elegant, and the stitching is perfect.  Thanks Di!

Another package arrived from my friend, Maria, of Life on the Block.  I love it!  Thanks Maria.
After all the gifts were opened, our granddaughter came over for the day while her mother was working.  We started the day with a nice breakfast casserole, and then baked some cookies. 


Then we took a break and I gave her a cross stitching lesson. 

We had to clear out of the kitchen so dh could whip up a wonderful dinner, which we planned when DSD got off work.  The two of them had other family commitments later, so dh got a nap and some reading time, and I got some sewing time!  An all around wonderful day.  Hope yours was wonderful as well!

Living life with an attitude of gratitude.....Sunny


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Santa! I always thought you were a good girl! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some nice goodies there. The best one is with your g'daughter making cakes and sewing. I love doing this with my g'daughter too they are never too young to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did get some lovely gifts (love the watch) but what really struck me is how cute your granddaughter is! Wow! I sure hope she enjoys sewing as much as we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Sunny--what lovely gifts and then to have a great time with your granddaughter baking--what beautiful memories you have made!!!Love the fabric on that little bag and if you need any help in spending that gift certif. just call!!!!!!
    Hugs, di and miss gracie
    PS my new little bear--named by the way--Sunny--
    sits by me on the table and keeps an eye on me!!!! cause someone needs tooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure must have been a good girl!

    Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you must have been a very good girl! How fun to spend the day with your granddaughter! Your cookies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts for you,and lovely pics of your granddaughter there:-)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 to you from me!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.