"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Little Vitamin D!


Yes, it's Saturday, and yes, we finally went kayaking again.  we've missed the past two weekends because of a tiny little medical issue I was dealing with.  All is well, and it felt wonderful to be out on the water again.  We had just bought our new boats, and they'd only been in the water for about a half hour the weekend that we bought them.  What I found that day, was that my new kayak is a lot "tippier" than my old one, and I was feeling more than a little nervous about going out today.  But once we got away from the dock and really started paddling, all my trepidations passed, and it felt great!  We were on a nice sized lake, and we actually encountered some wind that was causing small white caps.  No spectacular photo opportunities, but I took a few shots to show that we had blue skies again.



The blue skies were a very welcome sight to me, because last night I drove home in the worst rain storm of my life.  Never have I seen rain coming down like that.  We had almost 2 inches in about 15 minutes. 

I did have a very nice surprise waiting for me when I got home, though.  My second August BSA block from Aileen, a new member of BSA.  Because I'm collecting patriotic Red,White, and Blue stars, she also included a book!  It has stars for all 50 states, and she said she'd had the book for a long time, and didn't think she would be using it.  How sweet is that?  Thanks Aileen.


Yesterday was special for another reason, too.  What do you think it was?


Today when we got home, there was a lovely thick envelope waiting by the front door, from Mary P., my mug rag swap partner!  Inside was this beautiful mug rug, and some bobbin bikinis.  Now, I've never heard of bobbin bikinis before, but I can't wait to try them.  Do you all know about them?  Have I been living under a rock?

Mary's quilting is awesome!  And I just love the acorns and oak leaves.  I can't wait for fall to get here so I can start using it.  Thanks Mary!

And now I'm going to go watch some TV and do a little stitching.      Sunny

for Grethe



21 comments:

  1. I do love the sunshine. How lucky were you considering the previous storm! Looks like you had a great day.
    Congrats on your anniversary. Pretty roses.
    Great block and mug rug. No, I do not know what bobbin bikinis are.
    Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories and photos of your kayaking adventures. It looks so peaceful...especially with such blue skies. I HATE driving in any kind of rain & glad you made it home safe. As for the bobbin bikinis, I saw a post recently how someone used the little hairbands for their bobbins but hadn't seen them packaged and marketed like this. I'd be interested in your opinion of how well they work, etc. Take care and have fun stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you got in your kayak and took those pictures to share--cause you won't get me in one of those things!!!!!!!!
    love your goodies and that flower picture--
    Have fun this week--
    Hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sunny! :) Glad to hear you're back in the kayak and feeling better. Gorgeous scenery.. and I was thinking to myself, "Bobbin Bikini?!" Apparently, you and I live under the same rock. :) How do they work anyway? Mug rug is gorgeous, and what a great bonus gift she included!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok you have to spill the beans and tell us what bobbin bikinis are. Glad you made it through the rain, rain like that is so scary! Beautiful lake pictures - thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbin bikinis? Nope. I don't know what they are either but that mug rug is beautiful! Kayacking? I can't even spell it. I would be terrified to be doing tht but you make it sound like such fun and your photos are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbin bikinis? Nope. I don't know what they are either but that mug rug is beautiful! Kayacking? I can't even spell it. I would be terrified to be doing tht but you make it sound like such fun and your photos are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely post Sunny hope you enjoy your stitching.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the perfect day for kayaking.. Pleased you got over the tippy feeling in your new one...
    Beautiful roses Sunny...
    Lovely blocks too.
    Must be off to vacuum my car...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That vitamin therapy looks awesome!!!!

    LOVE your fall mug rug. I've never heard of bobbin bikinis either. What are they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary, Sunny! What a gorgeous day to be out on a kayak! Beautiful star block and how thoughtful to include a book! Your swap gift is so pretty! I love oak leaves, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pic of the sea and sky, looks like Norway really !HAPPY ANNIVERSERY and lovely star-block,
    and what a lovely flower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks exciting to go out in a kayack in such a lovely setting as well. How nice to come home to a suprise parcel. Bobbin bikinis will have to google that, sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary to you and your Hub. And what lovely treats you've received. Glad you got to use your kayak on such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! I am so admiring you for getting out in a kayak! what a beautiful scene, the lake and sky. I did not know what bobbin bikinis were, thanks for shedding some light under my rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a gorgeous day for kayaking - pleased your new kayak passed the test! Your mail is great - a block, a book, mug-rug and bobbin bikinis (!!??!!) - all wonderful to have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vitamin D is good and Happy Anniversary!!! Great block from Aileen and I love the mug rug too. Bobbin Bikinis, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sure wish some of that rain had come our way! Happy anniversary!! Beautiful block and mug rug. I have hear of the bobbin bikinis and used them for awhile - they work great. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary Sunny! Love your kayaking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a wonderful sunny day. Pretty hexies, block and mug rug - and those bobbin bikinis look like a good idea. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nothing beats the energy that sunlight can provide to all living things, agree? Go out, get some sun and breathe in the fresh air! Let nature help you out in your recovery process. How are you doing now?

    -Yulanda Mccargo

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.