"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bobbin Bikinis and OFW


Apparently, I wasn't the only one who hadn't heard of bobbin bikinis.  They're like little tiny scrunchies, to wrap around the bobbins to keep then from unraveling.  They're soft and stretchy, so they're easy to fit on the bobbins, and won't take up much room. 

I managed to get another two blooms for my garden this week.  My plan was to just make one a week, but for the most part, I find myself making two, reversing the colors.  That didn't work out exactly this week.  I'm starting to run out of pink scraps, so my garden may be going dormant for awhile. 
But do not fear - a Christmas gift that I need to get started on makes use of hexies!!

A few days ago, I received notice that my first PIF gift for the year has been received.  I had shown a few sneak peaks earlier, but now I can show the entire thing.

Now it's time to get started on the second!  I know what I'm going to make, just need to get it started. 

Time to get stitching......Sunny


15 comments:

  1. well bobbin bikinis...what a good idea.....your flowers are lovely and your faith needlework is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbin Bikinis - cute!

    Love your new flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your explanation of bobbin bikinis was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous PIF gift! I have to get on the ones I need to make, too. I'm a little late. Love your hexies, too. Always do. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of bobbin bikinis either! But what a good idea, hate it when they all get tangled up together. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing explaining the bikinis i would think they were scrunchies lol. Ideas people come up with! Very pretty flowers, too bad you're running out of scraps, good excuse to make new scraps. The PIF gift is lovely (what does PIF mean?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little hexie flowers. Not sure I could ever run out of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So THAT is what a bikini bobbin is!!! Good idea.

    Your flowers are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for some of these bobbin bikinis. (I'll admit I haven't been looking every hard.) I think they will be great to keep those thread wound up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah!!! Waht a great idea for our bobbins. I always used them for my GD's hair...
    Cute hexies this week Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink flowers and your PIF gift is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I need the bobbin things... I'm forever having to rewind bobbins by hand! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers once again! I love your PIF gift that you made. The saying should be posted on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are just too cute, Sunny! Gosh how I love your hexies and your first PIF gift is beautiful!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen bobbin bikinis but it does make sense. They are tiny and cute.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.