"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not One Stitch

I did not take one single stitch yesterday.  Not one cross stitch, not one stitchy stitch, not one crochet stitch.  The problem:  I'm working on a stitchery that I don't like.  I stitched it once before, but I don't want to do it again.  So....I'm not going to continue.  I'll find something else that I enjoy stitching!  Is that okay?  I'm only wasting a very small piece of fabric, and who knows, maybe in a couple of months I will want to stitch it. 

Last week I received a squishy from Portugal.  From Teresa F  in Portugal to be more specific.  I was one of her PIF recipients, and I hit the jackpot!  Included in the package was a wonderful table topper, a very pretty mug rug, some beautiful buttons, and even a souvenir apron.




A couple of days later, a package arrived from Shakerwood Quilts.  I met Cathi this summer at a quilt show, and bought some of her luscious wools.  And now.......she sells all that lovely wooliness in charm squares!  They're the perfect size for little leaves, flowers, pincushions, etc. 


I'm hoping the arrival of all these goodies will help me find my mojo.  'Cause it's been missing the last couple of weeks.  If you see it, send it home please.

And because we're having dinner guests Wednesday night, here is my One Flower Wednesday offering.  After all, it's Wednesday already for my friends Down Under.
And now, I think I'll go start a new project!  Ahhh...I feel so much better with that decision made.

Keep on stitching....Sunny

19 comments:

  1. what lovely parcels you have recieved Sunny.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squishy mail is just the BEST. :o) Maybe your mojo is hiding under the cool apron from Portugal. Such great gifties that you got! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with that decision. It is so difficult to work on a project you do not enjoy.
    Lovely goodies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so okay to stop the stitchery! Lovely gift from Teresa, the buttons are fabulous. How can you not love the wool and look another pretty flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful treasures you've received in the mail. Don't feel bad about not doing a stitch. It's canning season for me so except for the required block I made for the quilt guild, I haven't stitched a thing either. And now I hear my art supplies calling me so when the canning is over I'll be pursuing that endeavor for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny put the stitchery away somewhere, start something you love the look of, and the mojo will come right on back to ya! Love all the goodies, great apron. Nice hexie flower too... hang on, doesn't look to me that the mojo is gone anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely parcel for sure , lots of interesting goodies and great hexie too. Hey my mojo seems to be missing the past few days too , wonder where they are hiding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those buttons are really a treasure. And I would so wear that apron! You know I'm all for new projects! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep it is still Wednesday here for another 20mins,LOL.

    What a lovely parcelof goodies your received Sunny....

    I often put projects aside I don't like anymore...

    The Wool charm Squares look very yummy, hope they do kick start your mojo...

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally agree ... put it in the UFO box until later.
    Love your pressies and your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sometimes we need to put a project in 'time out' and sometimes we can work on it later--and sometimes it stays in time out forever!!!!!
    Hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. well I can only add to the sentiment.......don't do anything you don't feel good about right now.....put it in your UFO pile until you are ready to tackle it again.........the gifts from Teresa are lovely as is your pretty little flower..........

    ReplyDelete
  13. You hit the jackpot at the mailbox. WTG! I like your hexie flower, it's different and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I hope my wool helps you find your mojo. If not, look under the bathroom sink. That's where Darlene (Quilt Daze) found hers the last time hers went missing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe this winter when the snow flies you will feel like finishing your project. If I had a boat like yours I would never be inside! I love your flowers! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty hexie and your squishy mail is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, put that project away. Start something new, or take a break. Sewing is for fun! Love all your squishy mail, how gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good job with being able to put aside something you didn't enjoy doing, youa are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.