"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Monday, July 11, 2011

Cupcakes anyone?

I read this post on A Spoonful of Sugar a couple of weeks ago, and the recipe has been on my mind since then.  Tomorrow night is our Guild meeting, and we're all taking salads or deserts to a member's home for the meeting.  What better excuse to make something choclatey and gooey?
The final result!  Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes

I cheated.  I used a boxed dark chocolate cake mix

So far, normal cupcakes
I made holes with an apple corer
filled them up with caramel sauce, and put the plugs back in
At this point I was so eager for the taste test that I forgot to take a picture of them with icing!  The original recipe was from Martha Stewart.  I found some other recipes online, but decided to cheat all the way.   The original might be wonderful, but so is the cheater's version!  Store bought cake mix, icing in a plastic tub, and caramel sauce from a jar.  Martha Stewart I'm not!

Counting my blessings.....Sunny


9 comments:

  1. They look yummy!! Wish I lived close to try one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love one, i love to bake. The smell of you're home when you're baking hmmmmm. They will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm they look delicious Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not be Martha - but you are a lot smarter! (Just my humble opinion!) Cupcakes look really tempting. (Shame on you lol!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When something looks that good who cares if it came from a box.....

    I simply must try that some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum, I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so yummy - and who cares about 'cheaters' version.... they look so tasty - and I really love snacks so I wish I was close by!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!Those lucky guild members! And Martha has nothing on you! I'm all for cheating...er...that is making a recipe easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look delicious to me. :) I have been fascinated by cakes in jars recently. I am going to make some next week when I have friends over. Here is the link of some I think look good. http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/cakes-and-baking/desserts-recipes-in-a-jar-cake/

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.