"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Up the Creek with a Paddle!

Yes!  I had a paddle today.  Kayaking works so much better with a paddle.  It felt so good to be out on the water.  The stretch of the river that's closest to our house isn't deep enough to accommodate big boats with outboard motors, so it's a great place to just enjoy the silence of nature.

This is the perfect view for a Sunday afternoon:

I didn't see any geese or herons.  Only one turtle, but he chose not to have his picture taken.  I saw one large group of ducks, and they were moving fast to get away from me.  They flapped their wings a bit, but I don't think they've actually mastered flying yet.

Early this morning, I went to sit with my Hospice patient, and I took a couple of pictures of the pretty flowers on their deck.

And, as with last week, when I left her house, I stopped by our favorite produce stand.  the plan was to buy some corn and a watermelon.  Here is a sampling of what I ended up with.


I did much of our weekly menu planning while I was there.  Green beans with new potatoes, eggplant parmigiana, a lot of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, zucchini bread.......  And peaches are starting to come in!  Oh how I love fresh peaches. 
In quilting news, thanks to everyone who commented or sent emails and links for round robins.  I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, so I'll be starting my own.  Check back in a couple of days if you're interested in joining me!  I've got lots of ideas, and I'd like to get some of yours before we officially start.  Leave a comment if you'd like to be included!

Counting my many blessings....Sunny



5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very enjoyable day on the water .I love those colorful flowers on the deck and those fresh peaches look delicious . I am curious as to this new RR you are thinking about , will wait to read more .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the kayaking.
    Mm, mm, mm, that produce stand produce looks delicious.
    The stay at home round robin sounds like fun.
    Here's a thought. Pick a theme/color scheme for the center and everyone else that participates chimes in with ideas for each border or row. Ya'll might want to decide on some kind of time limit for each section so that it keeps moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you had a paddle this time!! I love to kayak, but haven't for a long time - it's usually when our river floods, and it's starting to recede so it's not too fast. Will see what you come up with for the R-R :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, life with a paddle is so much nicer! LOL!! Glad you got to get out on the water , and I got to see the pictures! I think I'm in for the quilt along. I just need to finish up one of my projects first - so I don't feel so stressed. But I really do like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of the stay at home robin. I'll be anxious to see what you come up with. Looks like you had a fun day on the water, and the produce looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.