"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One Flower Wednesday

Here is my pride and joy for the week:
What is different about this?  Here it is compared to an inchie:

I'm going to make a lid for a large basket I have, and use it to store my hexie scraps.  I hope to be able to show the lid soon.

These are the hexies that I received yesterday from Susan in the Inchy Swap:

And here's my own contribution to the growing garden:

The two in the center were made from fabric that Maria sent me from Australia. 

If you'd like to see more hexie flowers, or join in as we grow our gardens, go visit Karen's blog for more links.  Anyone is invited to join in!

Counting my blessings.....Sunny


11 comments:

  1. Your hexagons are great. You are getting quite a nice collection there. Do you have plans for them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is growing beautifully. And the hexagon lid is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hexie lid is an excellent idea. Can't wait to see. And, what an impressive collection of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your hexies Sunny. I've been so bad this week and didn't get mine done in time to post. Love the idea of using a hexie flower to decorate a container to put those hexies in. Now I'll have to look for the right container. Thanks for sharing sweetie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! I look forward to see the basket lid :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea , will be watching to see the basket cover .Love your hexies and also those real flowers ,what are they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your hexie lid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hexies big and little! Once again blogger won't let me sign in :-( !!! Cheryl polkadotsandrickrack

    ReplyDelete
  9. here's another blessing coming your way! I love your hexies too! The coral one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More beauties. It is so nice that you have something that keeps your interest throught the year - cause at the end you will have something really nice. (Or maybe several very nice somethings!) And so cool that you are swapping with ohters. What a joy to look at other's handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous hexies,big and small! A great idea to make the lid for your basket out of a hexie-flower. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.