"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Mother Lode of linens

I really enjoyed the stitcheries that I did earlier this week, and I have an idea for another small project.  Today I made a quick trip to the antique flea market looking for one particular item.  The booth where I thought I would find said item actually had two of them, but they weren't the right size for my project.  So I wandered around for awhile, and finally found it!  Not one, not two, but actually three of the item in a basket filled with linens.  I was so upset that I couldn't find a price on any of them.   Many of these markets won't sell an item without a price tag.  When I finally found a price, it was for the basket and all the contents!  I had no intention of spending that much money, but when I thought of all the potential, I couldn't help myself. 

There are 8 of these


There is also a small round cloth with cutwork, and a nice table topper round with cutwork.  I am in stitcher's heaven!

I've also been trying to decide how to do another project that floating around in my head, and the answer came to me today.  I should be able to show the results tomorrow!

Here is my assistant in some of the earlier pictures.
And here is the lap cat.

#3 wasn't in the mood to have here picture taken.  Miss Grouchy!

Now, I must get back to stitching.

Counting my blessings..and my linens......Sunny

12 comments:

  1. Awwwww you won the lottery there honey - I'm after some pillow cases with stitching on them - you know the pretty white ones with flowers ::))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful haul! If the three picture is G he looks that way today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful treasures. I love how interested your assistant is. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued to see what you will be up to with these - what great potential!! Your assistants look ever so helpful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there and what a beautiful load of goodies you got,sorry I took so long to reply and visit you,I was about to write 4days ago and got sidetracked,I have been very busy doing some spring cleaning in the store,I am sorry to read that you lost your job sometimes some things are blessings in disguise ,I hope all is going well with hubby and happy to hear he had some quality time with his brother and my goodness lady to got some stiching done and how lovely you flowers are growing,we will do some chatting soon ,I can't wait to see what you create with these beautifull linens.xoxo theodora

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely for you to visit the antique market.
    I can see some wonderful small,delicate
    things there:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great stash of goodies you bought. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with them. I adore cutwork, although I've never done it. Love Mr.Grouchy cat....I feel like that sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep--that cat looks just like a Mr. Grouchy--cute--maybe you should mr.G some extra treats to sweeten him up===remember the saying--the way to a man's heart is through their stomachs!!!!
    LOVE those linens===you did good girl friend!!!
    Hugs, Di and her happy cat--miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely things!! I have some in my closet from flea market years ago, but haven't used any yet as they look so fragile. And look at your kitties! Can I pat them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the grouchy look! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic find...I love linens too!! all of that work by someone and NOW it is in an antique store......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a friend who collects vintage linens and laces. I used to purchase them for her when I was in antique shops, etc. Now that I am retired, I don't have the luxury of spending the money that way but I still like to look.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.