"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Refreshed

A long drive,
A full parking lot.  We drive round and round,
As we walk over the dunes, colorful umbrellas line the beach as far as the eye can see.

Hot sand. Sizzling toes. Cool water.

Children running, shouting.  Parents calling after them.
The smells of the ocean, suntan lotion, and an occasional whiff of cigarette smoke.
 Crashing waves.
I walk down the beach to get past all the people.
 Solitude.
 
The pelicans are feasting in the distance.

Tired from a long walk.  Sunburned.  Read.  Snooze.

Wild ponies in the parking lot as we are leaving.


Our dinner establishment.

Stop for Eastern shore produce on the way home.  A giant watermelon.  Freshly picked corn.

The sun sets on a wonderful day as we cross the bridge back to reality.


I have been to the ocean.  I am refreshed and rejuvenated. 
I am counting my blessings.
Sunny

11 comments:

  1. Does it get better than that....your pictures are delightful, Sunny, what a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day Sunny.sometimes you need that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend a day...I am jealous. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time you had. It's refreshing just to look at the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, I did the same thing last weekend! There is nothing better than the ocean to relax and rejuvenate, for sure. Love your sunset bridge picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I wish I'd been with you. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you! What a lovely day. Too bad about the reality part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel more relaxed just looking at those photos. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect day!

    I got my block in the mail today--stunning!!! Thank you so much! I love it! The fabrics are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful day Sunny and lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds (and looks) like the PERFECT day! Love all the pics. Thanks for being my first blog follower! :) And leaving the comments. It is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.