"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Happy Mistake in Identity

Last week, following One Flower Wednesday, I received a comment from LuAnn.  I'm embarrassed to say that I thought it was LeAnn, with whom I've had many e-mail exchanges, and swapped with.  This is not a bad thing, but I responded with a very chatty email, and asked LuAnn her advice and comments about her plans for her flower garden.  She quickly responded, and by the end of the day, I had a new friend, a new direction for my hexie flowers, and new motivation to keep making flowers! 

Here is a link that she sent me, and I think I'm going to make something similar to this.

Because I finally have a plan, I realize that it's time to change my flower making for awhile, so you'll be seeing a lot of flowers that look like this:

Yes, I have about 85 colored flowers, and now I think I need approximately that number of white flowers.  I was so motivated to get started, that I spent two evenings, and made about 80 centers to get started with.

So there you have it! A new friend, new direction in design, and new motivation.  Isn't blogland a wonderful place to be?  Hi LuAnn!!  And if you'd like to see more hexie projects, visit Karen's blog for links.  She hosts One Flower Wednesday each week, and anyone can join at any time.  Have you started your garden yet?

On a totally unrelated note, we have another new tomato today:

And now, I must go feed the felines before they attack me, and then I'm heading for the sewing machine.

Counting my blessings.....Sunny




11 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love that pattern. Guess I will have search for the magazine. Isn't great to make new friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design & I am glad you got the whole name thing figured out - lol

    I think we have all done that at one time or another ;)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar problem with names - two Lindas. I need to know which one I'm writing to. Congratulations on deciding on a plan for your hexies. It's going to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squirrels keep eating our tomatoes before they ripen. My kids and I went on water gun patrol yesterday to see if we could scare any away, but they were too smart for that. Any ideas???

    Can't wait to see your flower quilt put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes the blog world is just great...it is like finding friends like us but we are not next door...but it seems like we all are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you could not have picked a better new friend, LuAnn is a lovely lady. The Aunt Sarah quilt is a beauty. Have fun heading in a new direction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New blogging friends are the best. Love the hexie quilt, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy circumstance!! Isn't this world amazing?!! I love the setting!

    Deb clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower garden will be BeAuTiFuL Sunny. I am loving following your progress! Keep up the great work.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sunny....Well, I just can't tell you how happy I am that you made that mistake in our names. When I got that email from you I thought...well she really sounds like a nice person. I'm also glad you like that pattern. I have to get busy on those hexies. You are really making great progress. And, thanks for the nice post and for being my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our blogging friends are so much fun aren't they? Love your hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.