"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Friday, July 29, 2011

Quilt Show pictures (lots of pictures!)



I went to the Hershey Quilt Show today, and I was hoping to get motivated to come home and sew like crazy, but after seeing  those quilts, I now know that I have absolutely no talent whatsoever.  However, I have fun doing what I'm doing, so I will continue.  But I know I'll never be competitive - and that's okay.


13.25 x 13.25

I'm becoming more and more intrigued with small quilts, and I totally fell in love with this.  I'm not sure I could make anything this small, but this is my dream!  A girl can dream, can't she?


click to enlarge this, and look at each of the vases


I have a lot more pictures, but Blogger is no longer in the mood to download, so I guess they'll have to wait.  I spent a little lot more than I intended to spend, but not nearly as much as I would have liked!  Pictures of my loot another time, too.  If I'm going to another quilt show, I need to start saving now.

There was also a large display of hand appliqued quilts from about 1849 - 1870, but of course we weren't allowed to photograph them.  It's hard to imagine how much time was invested in these quilts. 

Counting my blessings.....Sunny

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts. Amazing talent out there but you're not giving yourself enough credit. Besides, it's the joy we get from quilting that matters the most. Keep it up. And thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I'm going to a quilt show tomorrow myself so I'll try to remember my camera so I can share photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such interesting quilts. Doing a little bit of drooling here! Looking forward to more pictures. And you're so wrong Sunny...you are as talented as any quilter out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny it is fun to go to a quilt show but like you I will ever make such works of art. I also just like to make what I enjoy and like my quilts etc to be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your pictures. We had a wonderful visit to Hershey 2 summers ago, but I didn't know they had a quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that's almost enough to make me hang up my needles, lol. What wonderful quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen that one with the blue vases in person. It hung at a show I went to here in Indiana. Looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These quilts are amazing. I love all of the pictures. And LOVE a good quilt show.. but I also always feel sooo inferior.. like who do I think I am trying to do this craft?! ha BUT I enjoy it and I love colorful fabrics.. they make me happy! And just because some people are extraordinarily talented doesn't mean that you don't have talent...right? :)

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.