"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Goodbye February!

Thanks to those of you who have come looking for me the last couple of weeks.  All is well at our house, just super busy.  I started a blog post about 10 days ago, but I was just too tired. 

IMG_4689

My sister came for a visit!  And we took advantage of every minute she was here.  Which didn’t leave us much time for sleeping.  We had a Girl’s Day, complete with mani-pedi’s, Margaritas, and a long walk.  The following day, we let DH join us, and we went touring  When we reached a higher elevation, we found beautiful winter wonderland scenes like this

At lower elevations, there was no sign of snow.

IMG_4713

Then we went back to a higher elevation

IMG_4731

We took her out for a ‘real’ Maryland crab cake, and there may have been some Krumpe’s donuts-hot and fresh- for a bedtime snack.  But then we didn’t go to bed until after 4:00

On Sunday, we went to Virginia for a surprise birthday for our sil, and I left my sister with them for the last couple of days of her visit.  I had to go to bed early a couple of nights to try to get rested.

IMG_4744

Then this past weekend, I went to a Quilt Retreat.  I went up Thursday after work, stayed up late, then got up and went to work for half a day on Friday.  Because I’m new at my job, I haven’t earned any paid time off yet.  At lunchtime, I raced back up to the retreat, and sewed like crazy until Sunday afternoon

IMG_4745

I took a couple of older projects that I purchased over three years ago,   This is the only one I’ve photographed so far.  I have another top that is almost finished – it just needs two borders  I hope to get everything finished within the next couple of weeks, but first, I have a Scrapbook Retreat this weekend  I should probably be packing right now  Unfortunately we had a plumbing emergency, so tonight went down the tubes 

I’m off now to do some stitching.  I need to be kind to myself.

Sunny

IMG_4724IMG_4726

10 comments:

  1. Oh, how busy you've been and how busy you are, Sunny. It sounds like you're enjoying it all. Isn't it fun hanging out with a sister? I'm glad you were able to do that. Now off to quilt or scrapbook etc. What a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, it looks like you've been having a great time... sometimes family & other commitments must come ahead of the sewing... the retreat sounds great and the quilt is amazing, great pic. Enjoy all your big sleeps! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny what a lovely post its nice spending time with your sister and i love your pics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sunny - sounds like a fabulous time (apart from the plumbing emergency); how great hat you could spend time with your sil and do retreat as well. Hope you catch up on a bit of sleep before you go away again!! PS Your retreat top looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds so fun, the sister time, then a retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had BIG FUN! How wonderful!!! Sounds like the best time and then followed by a retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a couple weeks you have been having. There almost nothing better than getting together with your sis and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you have had a wonderful time with your sister. Good to see you fitting in a little bit of sewing and scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like you had a nice time with your visiting sister! Bet she admired all your quilts. Lovely the top you show us here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this site?
    I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Here is my site declaring Bankruptcy in florida

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.