Maybe I need to change my header photo, to reflect current weather conditions. Or maybe we'll just stick with the more cheerful flowers.
On the bright side, the nasty weather allows for plenty of stitching time. I finished my Burgoyne for my UFO challenge for my small group. Although we're not meeting, we're continuing with our challenge. I think I finished piecing this at a retreat last February. It spent entirely too much time in the to-be-quilted pile. This was inspired by a picture in Edyta Sitar's Patches of Blue.
I also finished stitching Lori Holt's Sew By Row. Now I just need to decide how to finish it and get it on the wall. I have a few other older cross stitches that I'd also like to finish, so maybe some of that will happen this week.
My Winter Village is continuing to grow. Because I bought a fat quarter bundle instead of the kit, I don't have enough fabric for the sashing and borders. I may make a quick trip to a fabric store tomorrow. And I expect to have another quilted finish by my next post. I might be able to finish quilting the final border tomorrow, and get the binding attached. Then a little binge watching on Netflix for a couple of evenings, and I'll have a finish. My To-be-quilted pile is dwindling!!
This lovely item showed up in my mail yesterday from my friend Di. It's so bright and cheery, and I just love it. Thanks Di!!