"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Monday, March 27, 2017

March OPAM

Another month is coming to an end.  March came in like a lion and is going out like a lamb.  We finally had our one 'substantial' snowstorm.  We received about 8", and thanks to a neighbor with a new snow blower, my shoveling was minimal.  Which is good, because the next day was the start of Retreat!!

There were several cancellations at retreat, but we still had a nice group.  I put together a top for charity, and worked on some blocks for two different sampler quilts.  I don't have pictures right now because my sewing room is all cleaned and everything put away.  I'm cleaning for company!  I'm hosting a small sewing group on Wednesday, and it's requiring some serious cleaning.  Most of my friends live in large beautiful houses, which always seem to be immaculate.  Not so with our small townhouse.  I can't stand the clutter, so I seldom have guests. This has been a great chance to do some more decluttering.  We've filled the dumpster, and I have two boxes for donation.  Just hope we can keep up the momentum after sewing group.

I finished two more Baltimore Album blocks!


I think I will make a small wall hanging with the four completed blocks, and then start a new project.  I bought a new book with some more advance techniques, and I think I'm ready to branch out a bit.  I've said this before, but I never thought I would love applique so much!!

My OPAM is also my RSC project for the month - a red doll quilt.  And yes, sometimes machine applique is the only way to go!
I have an over abundance of red scraps, so I may try to make something else before the end of the month.  And I'm making a 'crayon' each month also, but I haven't finished the tips of them yet. Sometimes my head just spins with all the things I want to make!!  I need to live at least another 100 or so years......

If you're still on Giraffe watch, will tonight be the night?            Sunny


21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I can't get over all that snow! I love your applique blocks and delicious red RSC little quilt. Enjoy your sewing day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got brilliant mind and very artistic heart to create such lovely art!
    hope snow melts soon and spring steps into your garden dear.
    loved the words of wisdom so true

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow looks beautiful...I agree, needleturn applique is such a great thing to do...love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all that snow has melted away now and you are enjoying some warmer weather Sunny! Love your Baltimore Album blocks and the heart wall hanging is lovely too! Enjoy your friends coming to visit! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your applique blocks are just beautiful! Lucky you to get some snow. Here on the shore we got no snow this year!! Darn!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a heap of snow! Love the blocks you have made and your doll quilt. I hope you have a lovely time with your sewing friends. (And I bet they all rush around to clean their homes before company arrives, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your applique and the little red hearts quilt. That snow, though!!!! Hopefully that is behind until next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a difference a month makes!!! Love your Baltimore blocks. The red hearts are so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss snow!!!! But I do love sunshine!!!
    love the heart quilt--and your Baltimore blocks are really nice-and yes I also love applique--enjoy the most of all the hand work--need to get some ready of something--
    and I know about the mind 'spinnin' with soo many ideas--and yes I am suppose to be spring cleaning this week--truth be told I just needed a break and to discover where I am in my quilting projects and where I want to go with them!!!!
    Hope your get to gether goes well--have fun--
    enjoy the moments,di

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to have an excuse to have a clean out isn't it - but just remember, people come to see you, not the house so try not to fret too much about your house!! The Baltimore blocks are very sweet - I agree with you, applique is fun isn't it and I love the effect of it. Gorgeous heart quilt - I still haven't even looked at my reds this month - there's a few days left so hopefully I can do something with them! Wow, I love to see your snow, but I'm so pleased you were able to get out and get to retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your applique blocks... so effective and the snow looks so pretty..... glad you still got to retreat .... the red hearts is so lovely.... great RSC project
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Baltimore Blocks are just perfect. Just right colors too. I'm so glad you love applique now. I used to say the same thing. And I love it too. The little red heart quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh I cannot imagine living with a snowy season - I hope it's going to lead to a lovely sunny Spring for you!
    Great work on Baltimore - definitely have to be an applique fan to do that.
    I hope you enjoy hosting your group & I agree with another Comment, don't you think for a moment that they too aren't running around making their homes shiny-clean for guests!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitching on your Baltimore Album blocks is beautiful and such pretty fabric choices. The greens are outstanding. Many Happy returns of your birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your little red heart quilt (came via the RSC link) and having a small nest myself I know all about the shuffling to fill it up with friends

    ReplyDelete
  16. and the snow storm attributed to my Mr B coming home to NZ a day late ... he was very impressed with the snow in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you had a great sewing day Sunny....
    I love seeing your snow photos.....
    Gorgeous Baltimore blocks and such a cute little red heart ❤️ mini...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess we weren't the only ones that got the snow. Your applique is just wonderful , you did an amazing job . Your heart quilt is so cute and will make some child happy .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some great sewing done. Your friends won't worry about the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous applique blocks. I am feeling inspired. off to do some sewing myself now!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.