"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Friday, April 30, 2010

April Finishes - Down to the wire


Is April really over? Where did it go? Once again, I made some significant progress, but I didn't complete my list. But there's always May!

I did complete my Half-Pint finally. I wasn't part of the quilt-along, but loved seeing everyone else's results, so now I have my own.



I also completed the March and April rows of Claudia's Quilte Shoppe BOM



And I'm excited to say that my Crazy quilt will be completed before I go to bed tonight, so I'm counting it as a finish. It's in the machine now, and the lighting in here is too bad to get a decent picture. I'll try to take it outside tomorrow so you can see it in all its glory!!!! This is the first quilt that I started, and I quickly learned that a crazy quilt is not a good starting point. So I took a couple of classes and made some simpler quilts while Crazy sat in the corner. It's not perfect, but it's my pride and joy! Can't wait to show you tomorrow.

edited at 12:15 am. quilting is finished, on to the binding!

edited at 1:05 am. Binding is on, pins are out, and everything is trimmed. Off to bed! I love deadlines............

6 comments:

  1. April flew by, didn't it????

    I love your Half Pint quilt it's adorable. I didn't do it either. Someday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done well. Love your quilt and the clover row is great. Can't wait to see your crazy quilt. I have never done one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Half-Pint is adorable! I still have to finish mine.

    I love crazy quilts so I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your half pint! You did very well and your work is superb..Will look for your crazy quilt later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your half pint turned out really cute. I wish I would have had time to do that quilt along, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Half-Pint quilt. Nice soft colors.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.