"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Look Back

January 31, 2010 - My First Post:

So, I've now joined the blogging world. I figure if I spend so much time surfing blogs, I should know how to do one myself. Stay tuned as I learn how to drive this thing, add pictures, and give it a personality!


One year ago, I was sitting at my computer, and decided to see what would happen if I clicked on the 'New Blog' button - and the rest is history.  That first post didn't even have a picture!

In one year, I've learned how to:
  • Set up a blog
  • join swaps & exchanges & challenges & sewing parties
  • make new friends all over the world
  • fill out a customs form for international mailing
  • embroider
I've also returned to cross-stitching, greatly improved my sewing skills, and yes, I've also improved by shopping and spending skills. 

To everyone who has ever read  or commented on my blog, inspired me on your blog, hosted a swap, exchange or challenge, or been a friend, I thank you.  Seriously.  I've faced some difficult things this past year, and this community is what has kept me going.

I'm planning a small giveaway soon, but I'm too exhausted from deadlines at work, and swap deadlines to do anything right now.  I will be back! 
Counting my blessings..................Sunny


6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Sounds like you have had a productive year, as well as made new friends and learned new skills along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary my friend SPJ.
    Have a good sleep and look forward to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations,great blog,you have learnt a lot in 1 year!! Love the way you have lined
    up what you have learned.
    Super the cake,should have been mine:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOHOOOOO!!!!! Happy anniversary! (BIG SMILE)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Has it been that long? Well, I've really enjoyed it. And it must feel good to think about everything you've learned. Pretty cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww yes blogging friends/family are what can sometimes get us through the tough times :(
    Hope the Valentines deadline didn't cause too much of a head/heart ache?
    Check back soon for a Tilda Easter swap - it will be egg-cellent

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.