"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Busy Weekend

My, my what a busy long weekend!  I was off work on Wednesday, so I did some sewing, cleaning, and ran some errands.  On Thursday we went to a nephew's house for an enormous feast.  We also watched Bruce Almighty, which was pretty cute. 


I'm glad I didn't have to cook for 14!  And they always send leftovers home with us, so we still had ham, salads, and cranberries on Friday.

Of course, on Friday, we went shopping.  We don't go out until late morning, when some of the madness is over.  Spent some time and some money at the mall and then at the outlets.  Then I took some packages to the Post Office, and made a quick trip to the quilt store.  Did someone say "SALE"?
I drive by this flag every day, but on this day, I just had to stop and take pictures.

On Friday night, we went to an Italian restaurant with our Dinner Club.  We meet once a month, and go to different restaurants each month.  I haven't had Italian for awhile, and really enjoyed my seafood lasagna.

On Saturday, I spent the first part of the day making sandwiches, and I'm not talking leftover turkey.


The rest of the day was spent quilting, which is where I should be right now!  I must put the finishing touches on my Secret Santa Swap piece, as well as my stocking for the Great Stocking Give Away of 2010.

And now I must get off the computer and get to work on the sewing machine.  More quilting to be done.

Until later......living my life with an attitude of gratitude......Sunny

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful feed. Lucky that you did not have to cook, just eat. YUM!
    Good sneek peeks of your projects. I have lost my mojo and I have Christmas sewing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving feast! I like what I could see of what you are working on (quilt sandwiches)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome meal! and leftovers are the best...Have fun in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sunny--where have I been--think I missed a couple of your posts--but me caught up tonight!!
    I love the snowman mug rug--so me!!!
    and I am in the stocking club too--just have to get it all together by my post time on Wednesday!!!
    and I have one of those doily's with the word 'bread' on it myself--how great it that?? I have mine sewed to a piece of black cloth in a wood tray and sitting on top of the Hosier--with two other ones that are different on a frame--one of those has a yellow crocheted edging on it!!!
    Hugs, Di and kitty Gracie

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.