"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jumping back in

Warning . . . Long post.  I guess I'll start with One flower Wednesday.  Although I haven't been posting, I have been sewing and stitching. 
I also put together my mini blooms from my last post.  I'm not sure what to do next.  It's just meant to be a small table topper, but I don't know how to finish it.  Any suggestions are welcome.

I actually wanted smaller hexies, so since I made this, I bought a smaller Creative Memories punch.  So now I can play with teeny tiny hexies!  I currently have two more flowers in progress.

Three weeks ago, I went to a Quilt retreat at a lovely quilt B&B.  I got most of a flimsy done, a couple of blocks for my diary quilt, and a bunch of fan blades for a fan quilt that I'm still designing in my head.  Lots of quilting and gabbing, but not much sleep


I hope to finish the hearts this weekend.  It's for Margaret's Hope Chest

The following week I went on a scrapbooking retreat.  I don't scrapbook much any more, since i quilt and blog, but it's my annual girl getaway with my college roommate

Always a fun getaway.  Lots of scrapping and gabbing, but not much sleep.

Then last weekend was my birthday weekend.  Hubby had bought a Groupon deal for a restaurant down near Baltimore, so we went down for dinner and some shopping.  We had some extra time on our hands, so i convinced him that we should check out the nearest quilt shop.  As I was walking toward the building, I noticed a stitching shop next door, so I went in there first.   Without really meaning to, I spent all my birthday money!  Then I went into the quilt shop, but I didn't find much of interest to me.  Dinner was wonderful!  It was our first Groupon experience, and we were very happy with the experience.

Earlier that morning, I went to a quilt workshop to make a name badge for our Guild.  It was my first experience with paper piecing, and while the result was good, I'm not sure I like that technique.

Well, I have more to tell you, but I'm falling asleep, so will be back tomorrow.

Counting my blessings.....Sunny

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy and I can see why you need to get some rest, plus you are another year older! LOL. Your flowers are beautiful and I love the table topper as is, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy! Love the flowers and the table topper, too! Happy belated birthday and a happy St. Patrick's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of nice things to see and read about,
    still love your hexagons and the heart quilt will be lovely! Happy belated birthday ... March children are the best .... agree!!
    Was your day on the 12th?? If so,guess what,
    so is mine:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been doing some wonderful things. Thanks for sharing the joy.

    Your Hexies are looking loverly.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to a great friend and fellow blogger and quilter!!!
    love your hexie flowers still--you do a good job with the colors--and that heart quilt is neat too--but that pink rose at the bottom is your best work yet--it looks soooo real--lol!!!
    Hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, such pretty flowers! The retreats/workshops sound wonderful. Hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you went to a quilt retreat and the photo is so nice each one of you holding a quilt,I am shocked you went into a quilt shop and didn't get not even a little fat quarter ,but then you spent all your birthday money at the stichery place ,and happy Birthday to you Sunny I enjoyed the post one question the hexies are paper pieced aren't they because you mentiond at the guild it was your first experience with paper piecing ,just wondering .xoxo theodora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flowers, and your table topper is lovely with the pink path.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.