"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The day after FNSI


Tiny little triangles are way beyond my scope of expertise at this point. I had already completed the inner squares for these (a strip of 9 blocks), and spent four hours last night adding the outer triangles. This is the January block in the Block of the Month Mystery Quilt by Claudia's Quilt Shoppe. The February row is a strip of eight hearts. I'm going to attempt the hearts, but if they turn out this badly, I'm going to cut my losses and move on to another project. I think it should be a beautiful quilt, but I'm not sure I have the skills yet to pull it off. The inner square should measure 2 1/2 inches, and the entire block measures 4 1/2 inches. This is the best block of the nine, but I'm deliberately not showing the entire row!

1 comment:

  1. I think if the other blocks look half as good as this one, you'll still be in good shape.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.