"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back to my regularly scheduled life

This afternoon, I returned from my annual Scrapbooking Retreat, where I spent the weekend with approximately 80 scrappers. I think this was my 10th year of attending, and it's a girls' weekend out for my college roommate and me. I don't scrap nearly as much as I used to, but it's so much fun to get away for the weekend, and be in the company of so many people with the same interests. We catch up with people that we only see this one time of the year, and always make new friends. We talk about our families, travels, and careers. Two weeks ago, I was able to attend a quilting retreat. It's unfortunate that they were scheduled so close together, but I had fun at each, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

On an entirely different topic, our area had significant snowfall this year, and much of just melted last week as we enjoyed some warm temperatures. The snowmelt, combined with several inches of rain since Friday, has caused some flooding. I stopped along the Potomac River on my drive home today, and took this picture:


If you click on it for a larger view, you can see an entire tree floating down the river. This is a place where we regularly kayak in the summertime. Here is a view of what it should look like:


The hubster would not be casually floating down the river today!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good get-away. I find it gets the creative juice flowing and is always nice to meet like minded souls...my card making and scrapbooking has gone by the way side recently and I think I need a get away like you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun, fun, fun getaway. And did you get to ear lots of goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully by summer your river will once again look like the second picture!!!
    glad you were able to go on a retreat---I keep collecting scrapbook things to work on mine--but that is as far as I get---just collecting!!!!
    Love the fabric bundle in your header!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be able to go on both retreats. It's always so wonderful to be with people who love the same love for the crafts we do! So sorry about all the flooding. Hopefully things will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.